[APP][Pro] Beacon - Detect your presence with BLE beacons

Hope they’ll do it quick. No real other good way for presence now that smart presence isn’t 2.0 compatible

1 Like

Owntracks maybe?

I’m to stupid to know how to set that up… :s

It is a bit daunting I have to agree with you there. But on the site there is a very nice write-out about an MQTT installation on a NAS, a raspberry pi or the MQTT app on the homey (which keeps track of movements detected by owntracks), and using the owntracks app and sharing the data with your better half. It adds the possibility to not only have a geofence for home, but one could add one for work or even supermarket (to have your digitized shopping list being pushed over by Homey). I was looking into owntracks to be able to add an ibeacon to my garbage can and checking whether it is still at the curb after being emptied… Daunting indeed, but rewarding and postponed to my todo list.

Which mqtt app should be used then? On the homey that is.
I’ll look into it. :). Cheers for the understanding :joy:

https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.scanno.mqttbroker

MQTT Broker for Homey

This app uses the Mosca nodejs library: https://github.com/mcollina/mosca

This app is a nodejs based MQTT broker. When installed this can be used with the Owntracks client, MQTT client and other apps that use the MQTT protocol to communicate with Homey. When using this app there is no need to use a cloud based MQTT broker or host a broker on a homeserver.

De app staat dus op https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.scanno.mqttbroker

Gonna check it out. For now loving the beacons on 1.5 for home location :slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently i’m not able to add New beacons on homey (firmware 2.0.2) since adding a device is resulting in an immediate time-out ![image|230x500(upload://nFrswwDQzeZWtz0gQsKDOmWOf6k.jpeg)

You have to install the alpha version 1.2.1 and also wait untill athom rapairs the BLE bug in 2.0

1 Like

Peter,

Why installing 1.2.1 alpha while it’s not working?

Because the old version will not going to work with 2.0.

1 Like

Ok, thnx

Basically patience en wait for the fix :-s
#not_my_strongest_skill

3 Likes

I’ve been patience since 5 december 2018. There will be a fix soon.

2 Likes

Me too😬

Is it only beacon discovery part of the app that is broken, and if so is it possible to add a beacon manually if you know what the UUID is?

Q3 Is the app compatibel with v2.0.0?

All the functionality is the same in the v2 compatibel version: v1.2.0 . All issues of not triggering flowcards are resolved in the newest RC as wel.
Except for the discovery of the beacon itself. That does not give 'live results as mentioned in de skd-app issue ticket to athom on github. Athom is looking for a fix for this issue ‘soon’ untill than the app wil not be compatibel.

and unfortunately nothing again :frowning:

Homey v2.0.4-rc.1 experimental

• [Z-Wave] Add Region Selector (Requires Smartphone app 2.0.7 or higher)
1 Like

Seems the problem is bigger than it looks like :frowning:

1 Like

:disappointed: i want my beacons back online

2 Likes