Best devices to start home automation

Hey everyone,
I wanted to start automating my home, my friend advised me to install Shelly 1 (installed behind wall switch) and Shelly 2.5 (installed behind wall switch to operate shutters). I wired them up no problem and they work fine BUT I just can’t for the love of God get the switch back in the wall with all the extra wires, Wago’s and the Shelly Module in the way… They now just sit about a cm from the wall, ugly as hell…

So I started looking into smart-switches, and just completely replace my old ones (Legrand Céliane). My first device I found were the “connected switches” from Niko together with the Niko Smart Home Hub…

But then I found this product and it looks really interesting since I’m not limited to a single brand/architecture but before I start investing in anything I would like to know if anyone knows of any good connected switches that go well with Homey. Most smart switches I found were devices like the Shelly’s but without the wall switch capability and you just had to “paste” a wireless switch over the hole (as far as I can tell)

Does Homey work with those Niko connected switches? Can I forgo the use of the Niko Hub if I use Homey? PS: I haven’t bought any of these switches yet, so anything is still possible

I installed the Homey app to see if I can install an app for Niko but it won’t let me do anything without being connected to a Homey device…

BTW, does Homey work on Bose Smarttouch devices as well? (I found Sonos but not Bose)