Best smart plug

Hello

Which smart plugs do you recommend?

It is important that they work on its own and do not require a controller/hub/bridge.
Like Wemo and TP-link.
(I want to be able to firmware update them without having to buy a specific controller for them)

Right now I use Wemo and they have worked very well. But I am looking for an alternative that works with Homey 2.0.

What about smart plugs from Nexa?

I only have Neo Coolcam plugs and i am very satisfied with them. They work flawlessly, have a switch button for manual switching and an indication led for status. They also report current, voltage and power. Bought them from Ali for about 19-20 euro’s a piece.

I don’t have the faintest idea if the firmware is update-able and how to do that. But they work fine, so i don’t really see the need for that.

I use one TP-Link HS110 So I can PtP of Homey when on holiday…
Works Perfect and the plug is compatible with Homey thanks to @anne for the App!
the HS110 measures power/current/voltage and energy used.

I use Osram Smart+ Plug ZigBee. I am happy with them. Sometimes they are on sale for €14, but most of the time for about €20. You can not update them on their own. They have a manual switch on it with a led status light as well. No hub needed.

Using Sonoff S20 wifi as well, €11. Have flashed them with Tasmota firmware and for that you have to like tinkering.
But after that you can update them on their own (and no more tinkering). They have a manual switch on it with a led status light as well. No hub needed.

I use fibaro smart plugs, a bit expensive but the builtquality is great, de led ring is also a cool feature too. they work flawless and always report the correct status and power

I also have the Fibaro plugs. In general I’m happy with the plugs. They respond quickly, were easy to pair and feel very sturdy. I personally don’t use the LED-ring feature (As they are out of sight in my case) but I do like the feature that it’s possible! It was one of the reason I chose these plugs for possible future use where I could want to have the LED-ring.

I have both fibaro (zwave) and Develco (zigbee) smartplugs, Develco supports more data though, but shorter range. You need an developed zigbee infrastructure to have enough coverage, when that is done my favourite choice is Develco.