Blank screen in homey app

I also had to connect my phone again to all the notifications.
@Bram, does Athom already has any idea about the cause and the solution of this?

Only on my phone with both accounts, so if i was the only one who suddenly has this problem, you should expect it is the phone…

@Peter_de_Vos ,

I just installed the (phone) app on my iPad, and I am able to see the devices over there. Also came to the conclusion Homey has another app (Preview), which I installed on my phone. No problem seeying the devices and flows in that app. tried reinstalling it on my phone now, but still no luck there.
The problems that occured yesterday on the iPhone, ahve been solved. All devices are shown in the app on the iPhone again. Still no luck on Android.

@Raymond

Not that I am aware of. I know others have the same problem, but haven’t contacted Athom yet. As it isn’t clear wether this is phone related, homey related, or what so ever, trying to figure that one out first, before contacting them. Also scouting the internet for solutions.

Haven’t been using Homey in a while and only recently started (propperly) in making my home smarter. So it could easily be that I did something wrong :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. Yesterday ok. Today, the morning is an application without a device.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

My phone did not update overnight.
I just updated apps, yotube, google translate, Zedge, Samsung Email, Pinterest, Google duo, google earth, Skype,

I also restarted the Home, without change.
I’ve preinstalled the application without change.

I checked the manual updates on my phone.

I had the new security update on 1 October 2018 for my Samsung galaxy Note 8

Samsung galaxy Note 8 has been updated and the Homey app is working normally again.

My problem is solved.

Old app now works normally , newest app works.

Now try everyone …

Same overhere. Still no devices on the old Android app even after reinstall

1 Like

I have a solution. The problem is not in the security update. The problem is in the last update google chrome !!! Uninstall the latest Google Chrome update on your phone. Or turn off the application. Then it launches the HOMEY application. She should be right now. I tested it on my Samsun galaxy note 8. Let me know if it helped you.

1 Like

That’s the solution for me, too.
I disabled Chrome and it’s working again.
Thnx.

Yeah! Problem solved!

Well, word around found. Would still like to use Chrome :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Me too, but switched to fitefox for the time being. App looks faster then before😁

We are aware of this issue but are unable to reproduce it at our office. Please contact support@athom.com with as much information as possible so we can try to figure out what is causing this issue

Just had an update android system webview and devices were gone again. After removing the update devices are back.

Since it looks like it might be related to Chrome 70, does Athom use any backend servers that use deprecated TLS certificates?

Was thinking about such changes but checking from the browser it looks good. TLS 1.2.

So, I’m puzzled.

Today my Android homey app stopped listing devices, the list is empty and stays empty. It was working yesterday. Homey hasn’t been updated, and the app hasn’t been updated. So I

• Force closed the app
  • Rebooted my phone
  • logged out and in again in the app
  • rebooted homey

Anything else to try?

Just tested it on iOS… there it is ‘sort of’ working. There is a list, but it is missing icons and names on random devices:

Yep. Same here. Working after disable chrome

Same problem here. it occurred this morning, blank screen.
I’m using a Samsung s7 android 8.0.0
Chrome version 70.0.3538.64
Homey 2.4.7- build 77

Disabeling chrome works, however I like to use chrome.

confirmed. disabling chrome works for my wife . I’m using beta homey so no effect.

Small update: We are currently working on a fix and we are looking for some testers! If you are interested in testing this fix, please pm your Google Play Store e-mail address so we can add you to this test group.

Small note: This is NOT the new mobile app, just a renewed version of the current stable app.

1 Like