[App] Blink

XT2 works in Home Assistant.

I got myself some XT2’s, but I got the same error. Can someone contact de the developers maybe?

I did post this problem at Github 17 days ago … no reaction. https://github.com/jasperbollen/com.jasperbollen.homey-blink/issues/7

And yes, i installed the Github Blink app with same results

You posted in the wrong GitHub . Jasperbollen isn’t the current maintainer of the blink app .

But what is the right github then?

I’ve bought a few XT2 as well but miss the functionality for this in the existing app here. I’m thinking about making a brand new Blink app for Homey using the nodejs package for node-blink-security.

What do you think?

i have fixed some bugs, the test version is https://homey.app/a/com.jasperbollen.homey-blink/test/

zee-eend thanks for your help!

Sorry this is fixed in this test version -> https://homey.app/a/com.jasperbollen.homey-blink/test/

@Will_o_Wisp
Would you like to help convert the App to the node-blink security package?

I could at least start giving it a try and see how it goes and if it feels like the right thing to do.

Thanks for releasing the updated version so fast, now I can at least get the XT2 cameras in there, even though there seems to be a few glitches here and there where sensors values are not read and connection errors when trying to take a new snapshot, etc.

Would be interesting to see how stable the node package is.

Do you have Slack or some chat application? my username is flyingdutchman on Slack.

i have created an delay between creating an snapshot and giving homey the new snapshot url. The servers from blink has an delay of 5 seconds. The response from creating an new snapshot does not give me the new url so i must get the new url from an other api call (screen in the app).

App needs support for the blinkxt 2

Hello,i have a blink indoor home i downloaded the app and entered my access data but when i try to add the blink it does not find it and it times out.Help please

I just received my 2 Blink XT2 and want to confirm they work with the app. At first I tried to add the cameras and got timed out, later I found out I had to fill in my credentials in the blink app first via configure app. Then my 2 cameras were added automatically. The type indoor camera is wrong but who cares.

I created a flow which sends a camera snapshot and the actual time to my phone when the xiaomi vibration detector (sticked on my doorbell) is activated.

I confirm it can be added, I’ll start testing flows.
Is it possible to see video in Homey, not snapshots?
Thank you.

Homey can’t show video from any camera.

I have my camera’s motion disabled during the day. At 23:00 they are activated via my “night” flow till 7:00.

When someone rings my doorbell during the day my doorbell flow is activated. First it sends a snapshot to my phone and then after 4 secondd starts a recording (shorter does not work because of busy camera. )

I can view the recordings via my Blink app. Which you will need anyway…

Does anyone know how to save the snapshot? I get a message but when I discard it, the image is gone.

Is the below going to affect us?

Dear Blink Customer,
You are receiving this email because your account has used automation scripts that use an outdated login method to connect to your Blink account. With security and customer protection as our top priority, that login method is being deprecated. This means that any scripts you are using will no longer work as of 5/11.

We encourage you to try out IFTTT, our supported 3rd party integration, for more secure automation functionality. If you have other feature preferences or requests, you can always email product feedback to info@blinkforhome.com for consideration.
Thank you,

Team Blink