[App][Pro] Bose Devices

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I am using Stefan’s (SlicingHaunt’s) Bose Soundtouch app. Do I need to remove my devices to use them with this app?
A: No. You can use both apps in parallel and transition at your own pace.

Q: My device is not recognized anymore, what happened?
A1: Do not worry. This is most likely just a network issue, preventing the device detection to fail. Sometimes, when you device loses the network connection and then becomes reconnected, it does no longer respond to discovery requests. Please restart your device in this case and wait some minutes for the discovery to recover.
A2: If you struggle with this problem on regular basis you can now (v1.2.0+) provide the connection details manually in the devices advanced settings menu. To do so, please configure a fixed IP address for your device. Pair the device if not paired yet. Go to the device’s advanced settings and enable manual address mode. Make sure your fixed IP for the devices is entered in the IP address field.

Q: What exactly do you mean if a feature/card’s name starts with “Experimental”?
A: This can have several reasons.

• The feature has not been tested in all possible combinations
  • The feature has not been tested on many devices
  • I have no device which supports that feature and therefor cannot test it myself at all
  • I have not received any feedback about that feature, yet

If you can test one of those features, please PM me your feedback. Thanks in advance!
Even though it is unlikely, experimental features might change in a breaking manner with updates or be removed completely. Just so you are aware.

Q: My device does not show any energy consumption data, what’s wrong?
A: Nothing wrong. The energy data for the device simply is not known (,yet) If you can, please send me the consumption values for your device when it is in standby and when it is playing on max volume. I will add the values to the app.

Q: Why is one of my input sources not showing in the device UI of the Homey app?
A: Maybe you have a device which has a source I am not aware of, yet. Please contact me using the support email given in the app store page or PM me on the forum here.

Q: When I press a button in the UI of the device in the Homey app nothing happens?
A: Unfortunately I cannot temporarily disable buttons not allowed to press. If the current playback mode does not support a particular botton/option, then it will silently fail. If you still think this is an error, open a Bose Soundtouch app and see whether the button/option is presented there for the current playback mode, before sending a bug report.

Q: The memory consumption of the app explodes rapidly and it becomes paused.
A: I have tried to reproduce this, but up until now I have been unsuccessful doing so. However, I have observed something strange with Homey which caused exactly this effect. But I do not think that it is related to this app directly as I was able to see other apps react similiar at the same time. The others did not get paused as the effect was not as strong as for the Bose app. But it clearly was a general thing caused by the Homey firmware. I will keep monitoring this.