[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

So do i have to remove the rm3 fron the broadlink app?

Does the community app work with FW 5.0.0?

Is 5F36 version a FW version? I guess that if I purchase a RM 3 mini I will need to either upgrade or downgrade?

It works on FW 5.0

Thanks, how about 5F36? Is that a hardware model or is it a FW/SW version?

Or, can I just buy a RM3 and expect it to work with this app?

Hi, just received my RM4 Mini.
Adding the device to homey was very easy, but if I tap the button to learn IR commands nothing happens.
The led on the RM4 Mini is not on, just nothing.
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks !

Eric

1 Like

Hello,
I just received mine RM3 mini (broadlink) and try to installed on Homey with Broadlink app.
After many times to trying to add the RM3 mini with the ip adress to Homey got a message “unknown (5F36)”
No idea what goes wrong and after reading on the forum i found this app of Pieterv123

https://store.homey.community/app/com.broadlinkrednode

After i have installed this app you get a Broadlinkred app in Homey.
When i goes now to add app and i choise Broadlinkred you see RM3 mini.
I click on RM3 mini and install the ip adress and i got the RM3 mini on the Homey.

After this installation i installed the broadlink app on the mobile
I install the device and also add the appliances (TV, Setup box, Mediaplayer, etc…)
This is working oke on the mobile to control it with the broadlink app on the mobile.

Now i will try to make this also possible on Homey.
I goes in Homey to the device “RM3 mini red” settings and i see a list of 30 empty commando’s.
I try to touch on learn IR commando … push the button for a while but nothing happend?
Also try the touch the remote control of the TV while i pushing the button of learning IR commando but nothing happend?

How or what must i do to get the commando’s whats on the broadlink app of the mobile to get this on the Homey app “Broadlinkred”
What steps must i make or do maybe i have missing something ?
Who can helped me ?

You have to remove the device from the broadlink app, see instructions

Thank you Pieter,

Yes i was not read it correctly sorry so After i have installed the app “Broadlinkred” in Homey.
Then installed the “Broadlink” app (Broadlink - universal TV remote) on the mobile (playstore).

the installed of Broadlink goes as follow:

• Hold the reset button 5s on your broadlink device until the (blue) light flashes
  • In the Broadlink app (iOS / Android) Go through the “Add Device” steps
  • When you reach the step to add the device to a room - quit the app

The last row is very important yes to close the app when you see add the device and join the room.

After this i select in Homey the device “RM3 mini red” and also in the advance settings i re-authenticate device on yes.
When i click now on the button of learn IR commando it works.

Hello,
After a few days, weeks, I don’t know exactly, some commands don’t work anymore. Two gates control. I need to relearn the command.
Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Thanks a lot Peter, it solved my issue

Hello,
Is there any possibility to press the button in homey for several seconds (min. 3s) to trigger the RF button on the broadlink longer?

With my normal RF sender I can set middle position on my SunFree blinds - need to push middle button more than 3 s.

Buttons are normally scanned by broadlink rm pro+ and added to Homey app.

Any suggestions how to use? It would help me a lot.

I’ve looked at the community App Store and saw 2 versions of the app. Does the non red version of the community app work with the rmpro (rmpro3 I think)? Looking to update homey but I rely on the rmpro for some old fans and this app here doesn’t seem to be updated anymore.

The info is all there… how could you miss it :wink:
Nonred a.k.a. black version:

You’ll need the official app. rm pro is supported, rm3 pro also for what i understand.

:joy: I saw on the community App Store version about learning Rf on 2.0.2 which confused me lol. Shouldn’t seen the version went back to 1.0 with the removal of other devices.

Thanks!

1 Like

Im trying to add my broadlink pro to homey. I cant get the broadlink pro added to e control app
. I having no troubble adding it to regular broadlink app . And i know the ip of the device . (Chinese ver) isn the regular broadlink app not supported too adding device to homey ? Regards

Try this, maybe you’ll need the “red” version

Will there be support for the newer RM4 PRO the older models are hugely expensive and harder to get :cry:

4 Likes

I would like as well to know if there is any plan to support RM4 Pro model.

1 Like

Hello,

As finally Homey can’t manage RF, I have to buy a Broadlink to control my shades.

I can see a lot of comments without answers here.
Can we now exactly WHICH broadlink we can buy and be sure it will work with the app please ?