[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

Same here, any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Hi all,

Thanks to the creators of this app (RM4c mini), highly valued efforts.
Small problem: device does not go into the ā€˜learning modeā€™
whats next?

Grtz Hans

Thatā€™s something with the new devices.

It should be disconnectes from the broadlink cloud.

ā€”

The devices need to be configured before they can be paired with Homey.
Configuration is done using the app from Broadlink.
The device should be disconnected from the cloud, otherwise Homey cannot access the device!

• Hold the reset button 5s on your broadlink device until the (blue) light flashes
  • In the Broadlink app (iOS / Android) Go through the ā€œAdd Deviceā€ steps
  • When you reach the step to add the device to a room - quit the app

Should energy measurement show right with thermostats? Now only shows the setpoint.

Good day,
I have 4 Broadlink SP3 units, 2 of them are running firmware V10006, and 2 are running V10016.

I have trouble adding the V10016 units to Homey. When adding the unit, and filing out the IP adress it just says discovering deviceā€¦ and nothing happens EDIT: after reboot of homey I get the following message when trying the add the device: Found another device: OEM branded SPmini (2733).

Those two unit also show up on my router with the name Broadlink-SPMINI-T1, as the V10006 show up as Broadlin-OUTLET-T1.

Any ideas how I can add them to Homey? I was considering downgrading the firmware, should check if that is possible.

Open for suggestions.

Recently I added the Pieterv123 Broadlink app the rm mini 3 to homey without any problem. I also had the RM Pro in Homey. But now in the app of both Broadlinkā€™s devices I want to learn IR in Homey but I donā€™t get any response. Does anyone have an idea or a solution whatā€™s going on. I press the IR learning button but I donā€™t get any response. Both in the RM Mini 3 and RM Pro

Now Rm 3 mini working. I removed the device in the new broadlink app and install it in the e control app and itā€™s now working but now the RM Pro plus doesnā€™t working in Homey. All the time itā€™s work and now itā€™s not working. Anyone a solution?

Hi all,

Any progress on adding the RM Pro 4? I was busy moving and rebuilding and now finally have time to get back installing all my smarthome appliances. Be happy to help were needed (have not a lot of knowledge thoughā€¦).

Iā€™ espacially interested to make use of the RF as i would need it to open and close my automatic gate. Or should i keep an eye out on an alternative way of working? :slight_smile:

Many thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Pieterv123 or Remko, is it possible to add the RM4 Pro to either of your Broadlink apps. I have recently bought a RM4 Pro just for the purpose of adding and learning some 433 Mhz devices. I could add the device to the Broadlinkred app from Pieterv123 as a RM4 Mini, however it then only allows me to add IR commands and no RF 433 Mhz commands!

3 Likes

I will have a look in a few days, but canā€™t make a promise

4 Likes

I have the same issue unfortunately. I got an RM3 Mini today and learning ir signals work and sending as well but starting a flow with the learned ir commands doesnā€™t work. I saw also another (earlier) post with this issue but havenā€™t found a solution in this thread. anyone?

Iā€™ve given up and sold it. Good luck

@Pieterv123 Just an idea: open a new thread for your community app. This can prevent quiet some confusion on how to use the app. I can understand that somebody ā€œnewā€ does not know where to start to read. There are multiple locations that contains information.

@MrOsr: which app are you using? What steps did you take to install?

Iā€™m using the Broadlink app from Remko Wensveen.
Through the E-Control app from broadlink Iā€™ve set up the RM3 mini.
Located the ip address and then added the RM3 moini to the Broadlink app in Homey.
Used the app to learn IR codes. (tried them and the signals send by the RM3 mini work)
So all the steps above worked well.
But using the learned ir codes to start a flow does not work. when i press the button on a remote(tried different ones) nothing happens.
I like the work flow off the app and it is very easy to use but i really ā€œneedā€ to start a flow with it.

1 Like

And thatā€™s exactly wat the device is made for!

Ok i understand but i was under the impression that it is also possible to use ir signals that have been learned by the RM3 mini and stored in Homey to trigger Flows. See screenshot below. Or am i missing something?

Use the signals to transmit. Not receive signals from a remote to start something!

Since i canā€™t figure out how to start a flow when my apple tv is turned i thought this might be a good way to solve it.
But my question is still openā€¦ Should it work to start a flow with the learned ir codes because i can select my renamed ir codes from a list in the ā€œifā€ section of the flow, and is something not working properly. Or am i doing something wrong.

Like get the Apple remote, push a button on it and let the BroadLink start a flow?

Yes exactly that.
I have an older 65" LG tv that i canā€™t connect with homey to get the status if itā€™s on or of and in another room a projector with the same issue. i use apple tvā€™s in both rooms.