[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

Maybe you or someone else can help me out with this: I tried to install the BroadlinkRed app, but I’m not able to do so. Although I downloaded the Mac installer and granted acces to Homey, the ‘Install’ button on the download page is still greyed out. What am I doing wrong? I’ve searched through the Forum, but did not found a solution for my problem yet :-(. FYI: Yes, I’m on the same local network as my Homey and I’m trying to connect de RM3 Mini to my Homey with v5.02.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Koen

And u are sure u are logged in in the store?
If logged in u see ur homey on the top left with a green dot.

chrome_2021-04-11_10-00-30

I found out what has gone wrong: the key I obtained for making the connection between HCS and Homey was not properly copied, therefore I had no connection between HCS and my Homey. I just was able to fix it and I have installed the BroadlinkRed app. I’m able to add the RM3 Mini to Homey, but not to learn any commands yet, so have to figure you why. I did removed the RM3 Mini from the Broadlink app itself. The RM3 Mini LED is quickly blinking now, so have to figure out what I have to do next.

Thanks so far!

1 Like

Got it all working. IR-commands learned and add some to a Flow. Great! Many thanks to @Pieterv123 and others who worked on the integration.

3 Likes

Thanks was able to add RM4 pro with this. Will test the commands next.

1 Like

Wow if RM4 Pro works then I’d be the happiest man alive :slight_smile:
Please keep us posted :slight_smile:

Hi, does anyone else have the problem that the saved IR commands disappear and that your flows not work anymore. It’s already the second time that this happens. So this is totally not usable and reliable.

Are you using broadlink APP in parallel? If so, are you using broadlink APP learning capabilities? If so, I guess they might conflict.

Nope, not using the broadlink APP learning capabilities in it’s own app. So can’t be that.

RM4 pro doesn’t seem to work. Pressing the learn command button does nothing : ( This app also doesn’t seem to get updated at all so I guess I have to look for other solutions …

Hi All,
If i planned to deploy many rm4 mini various location room, is it possible to replicate all the infrared commands from one existing to many more rm4 mini? Please share your thoughts and tips :slight_smile:

Yes, happened twice, and it is very frustrating to relearn all commands. With this bug is the app pretty much unusable. Trigger for this bug is when Homey/Broadlink/App stops working due to power loss, restart or connectivity issue. I dont have it pinpointed, but basically after powerloss, you lose all commands, where they remain listed in the app, but dont work in flows.

hey, i just tried restarted my Homey. 10min later i tested my Broadlink App and flow still working fine, iR command still there for my RM4 mini.

As I said, I dont have it pinpointed to when/how exactly are the commands lost, but bot cases I was dealing with either power loss or trouble shooting connectivity. With power loss, everything was off including router. Everything came eventualy back (40 devices, different protocols), except for this. It seem like Broadlink app bug, where array of commands get corrupted. Im going to check, whether Broadling RM tries to transmit , and the commands are there, but corrupted, or if it doesnt even try.

I did exactly as you mentioned (and the app also tells you this)

Even the last part: After this i select in Homey the device “RM3 mini red” and also in the advance settings i re-authenticate device on yes.
When i click now on the button of learn IR commando it works.

But, when I click on the button to learn IR commandos, nothing happens… Everything else went exactly the same as you discriped it, so wierd!

Hello Everyone, I have added a request for support for the Broadlink RM4 pro on the Homey “Request device support” page. I do not expect much of it, but it is worth a try. Still don’t have a proper solution to emulate my 433MHz signals :frowning:
If anyone has any tips, let me know!

1 Like

Same issue. I’m stuck with RM4 pro and can’t use it with homey… It’s regarded as one of the best options to send these signals so kinda bummed out that nobody is updating apps for it.

Maybe you are unaware, but please keep in mind those apps are created by volunteers in their spare time, free of any charge, but a cup of coffee or a beer is welcome. Thank you.
And, for most (all?) devices, you have to buy the newest model for it to support newer devices…
Just saying.

Hint: look at amazon for the older RM Pro models

I know that. Nothing in my post implies otherwise. Just that I wish somebody would, considering how good the device is. I would contribute some money if anyone took it up even.

I have a broadlink RM 4 pro.

I made the ‘red’ version of the broadlink app.

Altough I am very busy, and a ‘shitty’ dev, I will try one hour this week to see if I can fix it.

Please send me the device codes of the devices, so I can add those

2 Likes