[APP][Pro] Broadlink App

What happens when you press the “Learn IR Command” button? When I press it nothing happens at all (as others have reported):

I see on github others have issues since the update to 2.0.3

I have e-Control v3.8.16-1.3.1 and Inteligent Home Center 1.9.26 android apps.

Running 2.0.5 overhere. No problems

Do you use e-Control or Inteligent Home Center? I will try do downgrade to 2.0.5 if I can find the apk.

I registered my mini’s in e-control

Do you use e-control in combination with Homey? I have IHC installed but I don’t really use it now. I now “learn” commands using the Homey broadlink app. Can e-control also communicate with Homey somehow?

No, i don’t use e-control. I also learn the commands within de homey broadlink app.

1 Like

This is what de devoloper says:

Device configuration

The devices need to be configured before they can be paired with Homey. Configuration is done using the eControl app from Broadlink. See the Broadlink website for more information on this: www.ibroadlink.com.

Pairing

You can pair a Broadlink device the same way other devices are added to Homey. You will need the IP address of your device in order to pair it. This can usually be retrieved from your WiFi router. If your device is not directly listed as Broadlink device in the initial pairing window, check the compatiblity list below.

The ir command is registered. You can find the command when you open the device and then advanced setting. You’ll see that you can add 30 commands.

I already registered my broadlink pro plus with IHC app on iOS. How can I switch it over to econtrol app? The default linking with Google Home is great (voice to control the tv controls and air conditioner) but I can’t get it to turn off the tv as a bedtime routine. How do I add my dumb devices to Homey via broadlink, and will broadlink have the default presets settings ready for me to use without manually configuring them?

That’s not how the homey broadlink app works.
You have 30 slots for learning your remote via homey and it doesn’t communicate with the broadlink IHC or cloud. If your TV’s on and off IR code is the same, you will need to figure out a way to determine the TV State is on or off… or else your flow might trigger the TV to turn on when it is off.
If your TV is samsung, maybe the samsung app might work?

I don’t require broadlink or homey or Google to track the state, I just need them to appear as devices in Homey or at least in Google Home.

As it stands (I’m using ihc), my TV appears in GH but not my air conditioner. Both appears in ihc. I can voice trigger them like pause video etc. Because ihc already has the official built in commands.
I want to move them to Homey if possible. How do I achieve that?

Use virtual device to trigger flows that fires the broadlink commands you’ve learnt.
So you will name the switch virtual device “Living room TV” and command on and off only.
I’m guessing the aircon is not using their cloud template hence not appearing on GH?
IHC’s templates appears on Alexa but not custom learned remotes.

I don’t recommend moving it to homey since you the max the app can learn is 30.

1 Like

Yea I can control the on/off with them on official settings, no need for me to record the settings.

However it would be great if I could do a flow on Homey, example when I’m home, I want to trigger the tv to turn on and the lights. Currently the lights are added to Homey so that’s no issue, but since the tv/air conditioner is via ihc I can’t get the flow to work… is there is any other workaround for Homey to control the Google home devices , that would be - great alternative too!

You need to record the IR signal if you want to use homey to execute the flows.
You can learn the remote codes with the broadlink homey app for your TV and make a flow to fire that TV ON code.
Which is why I mentioned the TV off state, unless you are certain the TV will always be off when that flow is triggered. I do that to turn on all my aircon when I return home (triggered by door sensor) and power off my TV when I fall asleep (no zone activity after 45mins when past midnight). I need the state for that because I dont want the TV to suddenly turn on after 45mins of no activity which might wake me up…

Hi Remco,

I have a broadlink RM3 mini and I connected it through homey.
Then I tried to have it learn my UPC cisco 8685DVB mediabox remote signals.
I saved the commands, but when I try to use it in a flow it does not work or does not do anything.
The signals of my samsung tv do work after the same procedure.
When I use the app that comes with the broadlink RM3 mini I can control the mediabox without any problem.

I’m not sure what the problem is?
Can you please help me out ?

1 Like

Same Problem here. RM Pro+.
Homy does not respond to the programmed rf and infrared signals.

1 Like

Hello,

Is this one also compatible?

€ 47,98 52%OFF | RF 433MHZ werken met Alexa Dooya Zonnebloem 25mm motor Buisvormige Elektrische Gordijnen rolgordijn fit voor 38mm buis Afstandsbediening
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Sre4ErdEj

Hi - until the recent update of Homey to 3.0.0 I had no problem with using my broadlink rmpro+ to use the IR to control my heat pump. Then is just stopped. From what I can tell the broadlink no longer issues the IR signal to the pump. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks Mark

1 Like

My RM pro plus stops sending signals and is useless. The developer does not comment here. A reset did not improve. Homey app reinstalled also brought no success.
Everything works with the eSmart home app.

Hello everyone,

I highly recommend using IFTTT to control your Broadlink gateway via Homey. There is a slight additional delay, but failures are less frequent provided that your internet connection is stable.

The only thing I use Homey directly to do, is to restart the Broadlink gateway (i.e. it’s plug) every three hours, as BL is a shitty piece of HW. But with that in place, my AC, TV and one weird 433mhz switch from China work without much trouble.

(And yes, Homey of course wasn’t able to steer the mentioned 433 switch directly.)

As many of you, I was hoping to have a unified system with Homey. As many of you, I was dissapointed with things advertised just not working. I now have Homey, Broadlink and Hue gateways to reach kind of a satisfactory level of product compatibility. However I am still unable to pair many of devices I own. Quite a cost in the end!

The only upside is the community which is very active and always ready to help.

1 Like