Can't add Zigbee (Xiaomi) devices anymore

Same here. I guess we have to wait for the Zigbee rewrite that will follow after v2.0 release…meaning it will take a while. Or did you find a way around this issue @MartinNL or @herrie?

I have added 3 IKEA tradfri plugs and I am all bacon and eggs again

I have the problem that some sensors that i did add before i did have some routers are not working after some time.
I remove them and add them again but they never make a connection with a router and only work very close to the homey.
If i remove them i they are gone from the developer page.
If i add them again they come back with the same number on the developer list.
So the info of the sensor is still stored somewhere in homey or else thay show have gotten the a new number from the list and not the old one.
Is there a way to remove this info completely from homey so if i add them again they get a new number.
Or at least that is my thoughts about it.

1 Like

And @herrie 1) are you using the tradfri hub/gateway, + app or do you directly connect the devices to Homey?

And 2) do the zigbee devices create a mesh network, or do they all link directly to Homey?

I am not using the tradfri hub. I am not using the tradfri app either. generic ZigBee device will suffice.
They create a mesh. I have a mesh of 7 routers. (4x plugwise, 3x tradfri)

1 Like

I guess that’s the problem here; my Zigbee network does not create a mesh as you can see on the picture below:

I thought that the devices using the Tradfri hub -also making use of the Zigbee protocol- would still take part in the same network…but seems I guessed wrong. However I do like the grouping of lights in the app; i.e. one ceiling light contains 4 GU10 spots. I can simply address a group using the gateway app. In that way I have 16 Tradfri spots/bulbs -that are routers- connected to the hub instead of directly to Homey.

@herrie, I am thinking of buying 3 Osram Smart+ plugs to see if they can improve the Zigbee network. Or do you think I’d better ditch the Tradri hub and see what happens if I connect all the Tradfri routers to Homey instead?

I tried to include a Xiaomi door sensor but it failed. Homey seems to find the device and starts including (8/8), but then fails to add the device…

Any ideas?

Anyone?

Did you push the button everytime to keep it wake up?

I was including the devices (new) for the first time. At first it was downloading (8/8), and then I got the message in the screenshot.

While doing that you need to keep pushing the button every 10 seconde or so

I am, and that leads to (8/8), but after that, it failed to include.

I bought this one…https://www.robbshop.nl/raam-deur-sensor-zigbee-aqara-xiaomi

Which gives (8/8)

And after that: invalid

A bit offtopic but: With AliExpress and similar sites you get 2 sensors for the same or less amount… :open_mouth:

But as if for now, it won’t help me because I can’t add them.

You can ask Ted if the version number of your unit is the same as the one the app supports. Or make a report to Athom support.
But i think Athom can’t/won’t do much about until they have rewritten the Zigbee stack…

How should I be doing that?

1. By sending Ted Tolboom a message or post in the Xiaomi app topic (Xiaomi / Aqara Smart Home - Zigbee App (v0.5.3))
  2. By mailing Athom support ( here: https://support.athom.com/hc/requests/new or mail to support@athom.com.)

It’s this one… I’m not sure what I can do now…

Same here😩