Can't set Multi Mode Virtual Device with action card

A Multi mode VD can be set via the Homey App, but it seems it can not be set by a Logic action card setting the MM VD variable to the desired value.
Is this as designed or a bug?
MMVD01

You should type the name of the tag. Dragging the variable in there will use the value of the tag.

In Homey v2.0 we will enhance logic tag support.
(from here: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2247#issuecomment-380402773 )

Thanks. Tried it, but it creates a seperate variable with the same name as the Multi Mode Virtual Device, but the MM VD status itself is not changed.
I guess your suggestion does not work for MM VD status?
Therefore the topic is not solved yet.

Ahhhā€¦ Sorry,
didnā€™t seen you where not using a normal Logic Tag (Variable) but a Multi Mode from the Virtual Devices App.

You need a Action from the App

Yes, I guess it works as designed. Then itā€™s a feature request.
The reason is that I use this for the home-mode which can be Home, Away, Sleep and Awake.
The change of this mode will trigger flows, like turn some lights on at random time interval when Iā€™m Away.
Changing the home-mode can only be done by the Homey App. But I also want to change it with a Remote with some buttons that change the home-mode and trigger the flows as well.

At this moment I use a work around. When the home-mode is changed by the Homey App, an extra variable is set with itā€™s value. This extra variable is also set by the Remote. The flows are triggered by a change in this extra variable. This works fine, the only disadvantage is that the status of the home-mode is not set and therefore the value in the Homey app is not in sync. Example: The home-mode is set in the app to Away. I press the Remoteā€™s Home button. This new status is not reflected in the app. Not a big thingā€¦ but wouldnā€™t it be niceā€¦

That is the solution I was looking for.
I did nor realise that I had to use the VD device card itself instead of the VD card of the App.
Thanks!

Unfortunately it seems that this does not work in all cases.
It DOES work when the multi mode is changed via the app.

It DOES NOT work when assigning it in a flow. In my case I use a Remote to set the modus, like IF button X pressed THEN set multi mode to ā€˜Wegā€™ (Away).
The flow which catches the change (see last picture of Royā€™s post) is triggered, but it fails on the test if itā€™s ā€˜Wegā€™. I suspect that the Multi-Modus-Veranderd trigger was handled before the value of the multi modus was changed.
Workaround: So, I added a flow that is triggered by the Multi-Mode Veranderd (Changed) event and then start the flow to check the value of the multi-mode with a delay of 1 sec. This works as a charm!

I wonder if this is unique for my configuration -or made a misstake-, or if this can be reproduced by someone else?

Yes. Please find the flowā€¦

I have to break the reply as Iā€™m e New user which is limited to one picture upload per reply :frowning:

And this flow should say ā€˜Hoiā€™ if the multi modes changes to ā€˜Thuisā€™ā€¦

But it does not! It gives unexpected and random results, some times it freeses Homey (giving constant orange ring color) and need to reboot.

It does work and behaves as expected after I added a delay between setting the multi mode and checking the value in the IF.

Strange huh? :slight_smile:

Sure thing! This works! No delay nescessary.

Conclusion: use the multi-mode device card in IF and THEN, but not in AND. Use Logical test of Tag in the AND.

(Surely I accept this way of working, but itā€™s a bit confusing that the mm device card can be used in the AND, but does not work. Also, not documented at the appā€™s github).

Thanks for your help Roy!

Thread can be closed - Solved

1 Like