Change widget icons

I am very pleased with the new possibility to add widgets (shortcuts) to flows on the homescreen of my Android device.

The next thing I would like is to change the icons, since they’re all the same. Especially since you only have so-much characters that are displayed as name there and text is very small. See:

Does anyone know how to do it? Preferably without having to install another laucher or root my phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Android 10 and the standard Samsung OneUI launcher…
(btw: If I add emoticons in the Flow-names within Homey they are not copied to the widget names, so that does not help)

2 Likes

Would be nice, if possible!

Agreed, while the feature is nice, it’s unusable on my Android as I cannot see the full description of the flow and I all named them with "Trigger - " or "Action - ". So the only thing I see on my widget is “Trigger - …” or “Action - …” making it unusable. Would love to be able to resize the widget.

1 Like

Just rename the flows and it is usable again. Life can be simple. :smiley:

Or create a new favorit flow with a short name starting the orginal flow.

@OetAelse The icons are then still all the same and the text below still too small to be comfortable to read.
See the screenshot in my first post.
(translated what I wrote here before in Dutch. Sorry! ;))

I would suggest to send a feature request to Athom.

@OetAelse I did of course. But was hoping someone knew a tool to change widgets in general… :wink:

Ik gebruik voor Android al tijden de app macrodroid. Via een webhook laat ik vanuit macrodroid een flow starten. En met macrodroid maak ik een vervolgens een widget op m’n homeschern. En de iconen van deze kun je wel aanpassen. Zo gebruik ik een icon pack in nova launcher, en deze icons zijn ook te gebruiken voor de widget knoppen.

Op zich natuurlijk een prima oplossing @Marcel_Visser. Zo deed ik het voorheen ook (weliswaar met een andere app).
Maar dat vergt wel wat gedoe met het maken van webhooks e.d. Zou mooier zijn om gewoon de widgets zelf aan te passen.

Eens. Was ook meer als work around. Maar die optie kende je dus al…

1 Like

Duurt niet lang meer voor je de widgets kunt vergoten:

Ik kreeg bovenstaande changelog bij een beta update op mijn iPad. Zie nog geen beta update op mijn Android phone, maar dat kan dus niet lang meer duren…

Heb de 4.2.0.496, maar het resizen van de widgets gaat nog steeds niet goed, de breedte kan ik aanpassen (maar dat kon ik al inde eerdere versies ook) maar de hoogte niet, of in ieder geval moet hij minstens 2 rows/posities hoog zijn. Jammer…