Cheap (EU) zigbee devices to enlarge network

What do you use to enlarge your Zigbee network on Homey? I’m adding my HUE lights back to the bridge because this works better, but I need to have a zigbee network available on the first and second floor (for Xiaomi switches).

The device which is coming up in my mind is the INNR smart plug, but are there more devices which are cheap(er) and maybe usefull?

I’m using Innr SP-120. Also with power meter.

1 Like

Wall plug

Repeater and usb charger

1 Like

@Sjalabert I have one of those to.

@Kyrcio Do these already work with Homey?

Wallplugs work fine and extend the network

And the repeater has not arrived yet (at least not where I live), but they shouldn’t need driver support to just extend the network (aside from a prettier icon I suppose).

Kyrcio, Is IKEA - TRÅDFRI working ok like a repeater?

Thanks,

Thanks and what is the meaning of “same network” ? I have 1 homey and i want to extend the zigbee signal for my non IKEA devices! is this possible?

Thanks,

Ok now makes sense so i have just one Zigbee network using Homey so all those signal boosters will join boost the same network.

Thanks,

No Mesh connection after installing the IKEA Zigbee devices??

Hi.
Looking at your ZigBee network it looks like you have added the Signal repeater.
Just a quick question. How to do that? I cannot see it as a supported device in the IKEA Trådfri app?

Hi Stefan,

Try to install the IKEA Beta version of the APP from the store.

S,

Screenshot_20190416-181111
Cant get any mesh here eather.

My initial thought was the same that I will see a mesh graph, but nothing yet!

S,

All Zigbee devices will use the “cheapest” route to the controller and the controller can handle 20 (aprox?) directly connected Zigbee nodes. When all direct connections are used the devices will start to route through other devices (those that are marked as routers).

The device list shows the current route for a device, Zigbee devices hold a list of other nodes in their routingtable and can change route if needed, e.g. when a routing unit is remover or if the device are moved.

A unit can be routed through another device before 20 devices has been reached, this is normally because of the “cost” for the route is better than communicating directly. This can be because of the distance or radio interference.

It is always a good idea to start including routing devices before adding end devices (normally battery operated units are end devices).

Hi,

Interesting! As some of you I need to extand my network as som of the devices (HUE lamps) are on the limit (= work sometimes and sometimes not).

My HUE lamps are used through the HUE bridge. I assume, based on what I read here, the this is then a separated Zigbee network, not the Homey Zigbee network.
Is my asumption correct?
And how, in this case, can I extend the Zigbee network behind the HUE bridge with a cheaper router as IKEA router?

And next question, why I don’t see my HUE bridge in the Zigbee network (se the picture below)?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

yes, every Smarthome creates it own zigbee network. Even two bridges will create too zigbee networks-meshes

Because it’s a separate Zigbee network :smile:

But I guess I shoule be able to see the HUE bridge somewhere in Homey as Homey communicates with it?

Yes, it’s just a device in your device list. Nothing more than that.