Cheap Zwave codepanel with optional RFID tags (howto)

Hi,

Thought I might share a little project I’ve been working on. I stumbled across some codepanels you could buy ready to install, but you can buy exactly the same parts on Aliexpress and make it yourself. Which is of course much more fun, and will save you some money.
The idea is that you enable surveillance mode with the bell button on the panel, and you disable it with a code and/or a RFID tag.

IMG_20190820_090829.jpg

Parts I used:

Tools:

• Screwdriver
  • Soldering iron and tin
  • Heat shrink tubing or isolation tape
  • Depending on your installation, a power drill, wall plugs and some screws

Installation howto:

1. Open the codepanel with the single screw on the bottom.
  2. Solder the wires according to the schematic below.
    (With the power supply I use the wires can be disconnected with screws, but if you are planning to solder the wires make sure you stick the cable trough the wall first before soldering them)
  3. When you’re done soldering connect the power supply.
  4. Open the Homey app and add the Fibaro sensor according to the instructions there
  5. Find a place in your home were you want the codepanel and install the backplate. You’ll need to check if you can wire it properly. In my case I installed it near the fusebox/cabinet so I drilled a small hole for the cable and installed the power supply in the cabinet.
  6. Then just put all the wires and the Fibaro sensor in the codepanel and attach it to the backplate.

schema.png

Homey/Flow part:

1. Make sure that in device settings of the sensor you set both inputs as ‘maakcontact/make contact’
    I’m using Heimdall for the alarm part so I made the following flows:

Enable surveillance mode:

Screenshot 2019-08-20 at 11.57.25

Disable surveillance mode:
image Screenshot 2019-08-20 at 11.57.41

There are just simple flow examples, just configure them as you wish.

14 Likes

Thanks for the wiring diagram, works great with Heimdall!

1 Like