[APP][Pro] Chronograph - Adds precise timer, stopwatch and transition functionality to Homey

For the chronograph app to continue the running timers after a reboot?

Yes.

Nice :+1: but nothing new has happened with the app in 9 months so maybe we donā€™t should have to big expectations :slightly_smiling_face:

I know, I have very little hope too.

Maybe we should ask Ted to add some chronograph app features to his Countdown app, if necessary. :man_shrugging:t3:

What app is Teds?

Countdown, you have tried and the timer remains after reboot Homey (if I understand you correctly).

Yes thatā€™s correct. Didnā€™t know that Ted was developing this :slightly_smiling_face: Can you ask him?

Love that the chronograph app can trigger a flow every time a timer start/update, countdown app only do this if the timer is not running.

You can reach Ralf via email ralfvd@gmail.com or via GitHub.

Tested again, and no, they are not set to finished.

If you check the full changelog youā€™ll notice with version 1.0.2 there was a change to keep the settings persistent across reboots: https://github.com/fellownet/chronograph

Donā€™t think it is changed, so if it doesnā€™t work, it must be a bug.

How can I report this bug?

At the Same place I guess, open a issue. Hopefully the dev replies.

I had reported an error in February, but there has been no reaction until nowā€¦ :man_shrugging:t3:

First of all I would like to say thanks for creating a great app. Iā€™ve been using Homey for a few weeks now and that includes using Chronograph for timers etc. It works quite well, but every now and then (if I havenā€™t rebooted my Homey for more than a day or so), the App stops functioning and Homey reports it as being ā€œunavailableā€. The only way to get my timers to work again is to restart the app. Iā€™ve created a diagnostic report a few times and I can share the details with you if needed.

Iā€™ve also noticed that my Homey becomes less responsive over time, but if I then restart the Chronograph app, things return to normal. That would seem to indicate a resource issue with this app. What might also indicate an issue, is the erratic display of remaining seconds on a countdown deviceā€™s details page and that is even after the timer has been stopped.

Your help is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Community!
Sorry to hear about your problems. My Chronograph timers and stop watches are running 24/7 and I never restart my Homey.

Homey firmware 4.2.0
Chronograph 1.1.1

Iā€™ve been using the app for more than half a year now and havenā€™t seen any problems caused by the app.
Some timers run up to four hours and three to five parallel.

Another way you can check if your problems are really related to the Chronograph App, you could try another Timer App (there are 2 or 3 similar Apps in the App Store, but the functions are a bit different).
I would copy the relevant flows and only change the Chronograph cards. Then disable the original flows and the Chronograph App.
Of course I would only do this if the number of flows to be adjusted is not too high.

You can report problems and diagnostic reports to the developer on GitHub, but it seems that the developer hasnā€™t been active for a while.

Hi Maker, stukkie werk deze app.
Een aantal praktische voorbeelden (van begin tot eind) zou erg welkom zijn. Probeer een HUE lamp na het starten van 0 maar 100% te dimmen maar krijg niet uitgepuzzeld hoe ik dat voor elkaar krijg.
Kan ook nergens iets van voorbeelden vinden die niet uit hun verband zijn gerukt en reproduceerbaar zijn voor een eenvoudige beginneling. Begint al met wanneer gebruik je nou een timer, stopwatch of een transitie.
Alle hulp is welkom ā€¦

And in English? This post is held in English, sorry.

Hi maker, nice piece of work this app.
Some practical examples would be highly appreciated (from start to finish) Iā€™m trying to a HUE lamp to dim from 0 till 100% but canā€™t figure out how to make the flows.
Canā€™t find any examples that starts me off. (from start to finish)
This dumb newby canā€™t figure out when to use a timer or a stopwatch or a transition.
All help is highly apricated.

1 Like