Comfort (behaaglijk) = humidity and temperature: how to efficiently calculate this?

I wanted to make Flows to set a variable to 3 levels of comfort (bad, okay and good) according to humidity and temperature. But that seems quite complicated. Maybe impossible even.

So, when it’s 19 degrees, comfort is reached if the humidity is between 45 and 80. For 20 degrees it’s 30 and 80. Bad comfort is below 20 and above 80.
But when I make a Flow when the humidity has changed on my Netatmo weather station, I can’t select an AND from it where temperature is something.

Is this just impossible to easily do or am I looking in the work direction?

1 Like

Of course, with the logic card in the “And…” section.

1 Like

Will try! Seems logic :wink:

Is there also a way to display the outcome (good) of the variable (Comfort) in a (virtual) device? I’d like to use 3 emoji’s for the comfort, and like to display it in a tile on the devices screen.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I guess not. At least not with the Standard Homey App.
There are other ways to create a dashboard. These are mostly more flexible and the displays can be designed as required. This could also be used to answer your other question about temperature.

But because I don’t have a dashboard in use myself, I can’t help you.

I also assume you have multiple flows for different temperatures?
And for bad comfort? En medium comfort?

To accomplish this:

I have no flows that indicate the comfort climate. I had created the flow exemplary for you.

You’re right, a lot of flows have to be written for that. However, some climate areas can also be combined. Maybe it is possible to reduce the number of flows via variables and logic boards.

Ah, I thought it was yours :slight_smile: Thanks.
I have for 4 temperatures now 4 flows for good.
When going for good or bad, the flows for bad are two each.

Your other suggestion, I thought about it, but somehow I couldn’t bend my mind around it (hence the question on the forum :wink:)

Spontaneously I did not find anything to reduce the flows with variables and logic cards.
But by combining several areas you can also reduce the number of flows. Ok, the flow for the “Nice-Comfort” was also the easiest.
However, you do not have to create a flow for each individual field.

Hi @Renzo

I made quite similar calculation just a couple of days ago, but I used the “feel like” calculation of the temperature which takes the humidity into account. This equation is used by the Finnish meteorogical institute.

T=actual measured temperature
RH=Relative humidity between 0-1. 1=100%
RHref=0,5 (reference comfort humidity value)

With this I calculated the outdoor and indoor “feels like” temperatures and control the ventilation and AC based on that.

This is similar that Robert suggested with the due point calculation but I think this is more usable/understandable/compareable.

There is also a equation to take the sun heat into account and during wintertime the frostbite.

2 Likes

Looks very interesting, I’ll try it.

But “Feels like” is something else Renzo wants. Or am I wrong?

Well, feels like could be something. But it slightly different.
As you might notice that the image I provided has only even temperatures. I now have one with odd temperatures as well which makes it even more complicated.
It’s unnessecary but fun, so I try to make some flows in the weekend.
Also, I have no clue how to calculate that formula in Homey.

Here is an example how to calculate it

https://homey.app/f/UV0oeb

Ulkolämpötila=Outside temperature

I am curious how that in Finish sounds :smiley:
Thanks. I am not sure about your whole Flow though. I do it like this:
WHEN the humidity changes.
THEN calculate the feels like and put it in a variable.

I am also using the normal logic (it didn’t calculate in Better Logic), so I have it in the app with my other logic variables. It does have a lot of decimals though. :smiley:

This is the formula to round.

XXX = replace with variable
.1 = rounded to one decimal place
.2 = rounded to two decimal places
and so on…

Nice. Can I replace xxx with the whole formula? It saves me a variable and a flow.

Where is a manual/readme for this kind of add ons? How can I possible know what I can do with these kinds of things?

I think so, yes. But I haven’t tried it myself yet.

Some people here in the community always say “The search tool is your friend”. :wink:
I also found it only by chance here in the forum. But as far as I know, the calculation is based on .json. Maybe Google can help?

JSON is an encoding format :wink: I believe that the Logic cards use math.js.

@robertklep, yes, of course you’re right! :joy:
Thanks for the correction!

The search tool is always the help, but good documentation is better. It’s quite weird that non of the apps really have a good readme, or have documented the options.