Cve-2020-28952

1 Like

The script-kid-on-the-block has the same entrance to your Zigbee network with a random key; just takes a bit longer…

just have to wait before the neighbor adds a new device or offer one if he is in a rush.
Just have to wait for a new device being added.
Not as safe as Z-wave’s DSK.

1 Like

I use several Zigbee devices:

• Lots of Hue bulbs & accessories, via Hue bridge
  • Several IKEA wall outlets, via Trådfri bridge
  • Single Aqara vibration sensor, via Homey (no Aqara bridge)

Does this mean that for me a Zigbee reset will only affect that single Aqara sensor?

Only devices that are using Homey’s Zigbee, so yes, only the Aqara sensor in your case.

1 Like

Thanks for the additional info, true that! And it’s personal how safe one wants it / needs it to be, then it’s time for a wire :wink:

My Homey was affected.

I had added my first and only ZigBee (Aqara vibration) sensor with firmware v4, but am currently on 5.0.4.

A ZigBee reset indeed changed the network key to a much more random one.

Your Homey has ONE ZigBee device.

Your Homey has ONE ZigBee device.

Yes, but I’m not sure what you are trying to tell me. Can you please explain your message?

(Or are you only confirming what Robert already answered?)

What I think this: All your other zigbee gear is connected to other zigbee hubs/bridges, called Hue and Tradfri.
Those hubs/bridges run their own zigbee network in your house. They don’t mix with eachother, and not with Homey’s zigbee network.
You have paired your devices with either Hue or Tradfri, except for the aqara sensor.

The aqara sensor was paired with Homey’s zigbee network, so if you reset Homey zigbee, only your aqara sensor will need to be re-paired
So no big deal to reset your Homey zigbee service.

1 Like

Indeed. While that sensor is a pain to pair it took only a couple of minutes.

1 Like

A fresh brand-new battery does the trick often

I got 4 aqara temp sensors and 4 door/window switches today.
All 8 of them were paired within 2 minutes.
Homey v5.0.2 - Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee app v1.2.6