Daikin AI

app

Daikin-logo-wide
Control your Daikin air conditioner (or heatpump) through Homey. This app requires that your Daikin air conditioner (or heatpump) is equipped with a WiFi adapter (either model BRP069A-- or BRP069B–).

Features

• supports Daikin airconditioners & heatpumps (aka inverters) through model range drivers.
  • the mobile card shows, depeding on the selected driver, target temperature, operating mode, inside temperature, fan rate and fan swing mode. Target temperature as well as operating mode can be controlled from the mobile card, fan rate and fan swing mode can only be controled via an action card.
  • with the available 22 flowcards (9 trigger cards, 9 condition cards and 4 action cards) the options to automate are almost endless.
  • HomeKit support* for every WiFi capable Daikin Airconditioner thru the “Model HomeKit” driver. The “Model Homekit” driver has 2 trigger flowcards, no condition flowcards and 2 action flowcards. The AC control functionality is however limited to: airco’s mode setting, target temperature setting and inside temperature measurement. Note *: requires either HomeKit by Sprut, or HomeyKit by Bas Jansen.

More features are coming…
Working on an application update which makes it possible to control also the Fan Rate and Fan Swing mode from the mobile card, also planning to add special modes such as Powerful mode.

I am preparing a beta release which will support Fan rate and Fan Swing mode control from the mobile card. Next to that this release will enable the control of the so called Special Modes. Special modes can be selected using the mode selector just like normal modes.

Note: I found that although my Emura 2 does support Econo (Besparen) and Powerful (Krachtig) mode using the IR remote control these modes can not be set using the Daikin Online Controller app hence my Daikin AI app can also not set these modes. I therefor implemented Special Modes as follows, during the device paring process one can choose if the Special Modes should show or not. Best practice… check the Daikin Online Controller app if Special Modes do show in the app if they do than enable Special Modes in the Daikin AI app during the device pairing process.

… And I can confirm the Beta version works like a charm!
Of course there are some hickups, but they are the same as the ones in the Daikin Control app. Therefor nothing to do with the homey app.

What a fine job you did!

Final preparations for the upcoming beta release… v1.1.x.

I made another enhancement to new and upcoming special mode support. As not all airco’s do support these 3 special modes users will be able to select the ones that are supported by their airco during pairing.

When your airco supports Powerful mode (see screenshot), or any of the other 2 special modes, and you are interested if and how this works with Homey send me a PM and I can give you access the Alpha version (currently v1.1.1).

Note that the Alpha version also makes it possible to control fan speed and fan swing through the Homey app.

powefull

I will submit version 1.1.2 as beta tomorrow to the app store, approval by Athom will take a couple of days.

New in this version:

• added hints to the settings menu.
  • Added support for special modes (POWERFUL, ECONO and STREAMER).
    Notes:
    1/ Special modes can not be tested by me, let me know if it works or not! See also the above post.
    2/ Model Homekit cannot support these special modes due to limitations of the HomeKit/HomeyKit apps.
  • Fan rate and Fan Swing mode can now be controlled from the mobile card.

Version 1.1.2 is available as Beta in the app store.

Anyone using beta v1.1.2 (according to my developers panel nearly 50% is using the beta…) and having been able to test “special modes”? Please report your experiences with “special modes” thanks!

I installed the Daikin AI App in Homey. I tried to add a Daikin Emura airco unit. into Homey, I enter the IP address I obtained from the Daikin AI app, When I press the add device button a line of red text appears on the screen for a fraction of a second with something about being saved and maybe pairing (it dissappears to fast to read) the airco device is not added.
The airco devices work well with the daikin apple app.

what am I doing wrong ?

Your Homey uses the same WiFi (SSID) as the Emura? If not make sure they are both on the same network (ip-range, wifi etc). If they are, use basic trouble shooting actions as rebooting Homey etc. If no luck you can send me a PM for further assistance.

I use multiple Ubiquiti APs that are dual 5/.2.4 The same SID can be connected via 2.4 or 5ghz I see that even though they have the same sid homey is on 2.4 and the emura 5.0

So I suspect that is the cause.

Changing the wifi settings of homey is a pain ! done via a reset.

The Daikins are easier,

but need to change my ap network to uniquely have a SID per frequency.

This will take time. Many thanks for your fast response.

Hi,
Same problem after firmware update of adapter
Adapter: brp069b
Firmware: 1.2.51

Thanks for the info.

Try rebooting Homey etc. if that does not help I am afraid I can not help you, as I do not have a type B adapter meaning I can not trouble shoot nor reproduce this problem myself.

Note: when you update the firmware of the adapter you might have gotten a new IP-addres, please check if the IP address did not change…