[APP][Pro] Daikin AI

Model / model name of the airco? Ducted system?

• CU Model No.: MKS-80TVMG
  • FCU Model No.: CTKS-25TVMG - FCU Model No.: CTKS-71TVMG, CTKS-50TVMG
    not ducted

Provide response from http://ip/aircon/get_control_info

Using a browser and replacing ip with ip-adress of your airco, what response do you get.

Let me get back to you on this one

Hi Peter, I talked to you about the temperature and target temperature for the past few days. You indicated that the target temperature is the temperature you want inside. (Example The temperature inside is 15degC you want it to be 20degC … you set the (target) temperature in 20degC.) The temperature map would create the athom sdk. Now I have adjusted the card temperature in my flows to the card (target) temperature and now I notice that the flow is not synchronizing with the daikin online controller app. Now I have changed the target temperature card back to the temperature card and now it synchronizes with the daikin controller app.

Strange, as my own flows all use the ‘Change target temperature’ card. What could be is that both cards do set the airco’s temperature… I am getting old… anyhow the ‘Set the temperature’ card is the one I would like to get rid off :wink:

[edit]: the ‘Set the temperature’ card is no longer shown as of version 5.0.4.

Earlier this week it was brought to my attention that the ‘Unit of Measure’ on the Change target temperature action flow card was missing. I investigated the issue, concluded this was indeed a bug. I fixed the bug for this and other affected flow cards in version 5.0.3 and above.

Note: version 5.x.x of Daikin AI will be available soon on the stable channel now that Homey firmware 5 is officially released.

hi @homey_lampje i get this

@Homey_Lampje does this app work with the new Daikin FVXM35A. That is a floor model with integrated WIFI :slight_smile:

Then the problem is in your network or your airco does in deed respond to the call (with a 403 forbidden…). The only way to find out is to see if Daikin AI does pair your airco… if it does then toggle between old and the new communication protocol which you can find under device settings.

Try what I asked Philiptai19…

Hi @Homey_Lampje,

I just had a Daikin Perfera FTXM35R2V1B installed. This unit comes with an installed wlan adapter of type BRP069C4x and can only be controlled using the Daiking residential controller app.

I tried to connect using your Homey app, but it doesn’t work.

As I understand, these are both new models and the adapter is not listed in your supported wlan adapters list.

I can use http to access the daikin unit at it’s IP-adres. It shows me a freertos page.
I tried to manually access some of the known API paths (e.g. /common/basic_info) on the ip-adres of the daikin, but I get 404’s.

A bit of googling suggests that this newer wlan adapter uses a new cloud-based API, which is not yet reverse-engineered. It seems some work is currently being done

Are you planning on supporting this new API in the near future?

Hi @IvoP, no I have no plans to support these airco’s in the near future as I do not have such a model myself and as such it is impossible for me to do any reverse engineering myself. When in the future others figured out how this new API works and documented it I might have a look.

Announcement: early next week I will release Daikin AI v5 to stable.

Note: Daikin AI v5 is requires Homey v5 firmware as the app is based on SDK 3.

1 Like

Daikin recently introduced a new type of WiFi adapters. These adapters carry a ‘C’ in their model name i.e. BRP069C4x, BRP072C42 etc. Airco’s that make use of such a new WiFi adapter cannot be controlled with Daikin AI.

To be frank it even remains to be seen if airco’s that make use of a ‘C’ type WiFi adapter can ever be controlled with Daikin AI.

A bug fix (v5.0.8) for the reported missing trigger flowchart “The (inside) temperature has changed” is now available on test.

1 Like

I have been using Daikin for a long time without any problems. But now suddenly I can’t use the app to adjust fan rate. I have flows turning on and off “quiet mode”, but not working with v5. Also tried 5.0.8 without success.

Thanks for reporting, I will look into this / try to reproduce.

Perfect. Let me know if you want me to test

@supersonic I fixed my bugs I guess… v5.0.9 available on test.