[APP][Pro] Daikin AI

Peter, I can/will testing for you the app on V2.0 RC-x.

btw. Fijne kerstdagen :wink:

@Sjalabert Install the app using the developper tools and send me the error logs and I will have a look at them. Also fijne feestdagen.

Since you report issues with rc-4…

Homey v2.0.0-rc.7:

• [Core] Added Insights — Visit https://insights.athom.com on your desktop or tablet
  • [Core] Add support for “uiComponent”: null
  • [Core] Fixed a bug where Flows would not start
  • [Core] Fixed a bug where ‘Sunset/Sunrise starts in …’ would not work
  • [Core] Fixed a bug where advanced device settings would crash the app
  • [Core] Fixed a bug where installing updates would error
  • [Core] Fixed various bugs

Daikin AI for Homey v2
Daikin AI v2.0.0 is currently available for Alpha testing, send me a PM when you are interested in Alpha testing.

update: alpha test program is closed, already 10+ alpha testers testing.

2 Likes

@Alpha-testers: v2.0.2 is available via the alpa channel of the App Store.

Okidoki, I am not experiencing any problems at the moment.

@Homey_Lampje:
I can’t find it in this topic:
Is it possible to activate the ventilation option of the Ururu Sarara. (the one that takes in fresh air from outside)

Ik kan het niet goed terugvinden in dit topic; maar is de ventilatie-functie van de Ururu Sarara nu ook te bedienen met Homey? (dus dat de Daikin verse lucht van buiten haalt)
Dit zou fantastisch zijn, want dan kan ik de CO2 meter een seintje laten geven naar de Ururu als de CO2 waardes te hoog zijn in de woonkamer…

Dat zou voor mij de doorslag geven om een Homey te halen.

@Homey_Lampje good Job
:speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Oops English language forum… removed Dutch and replied in English.

“Ventilatie-functie” you mean the “Streamer” functionality? It should work based on the documentation I use. If this is your only incentive to buy a Homey I suggest that you keep your money in your pocket ;-), see software disclaimer.

"THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE."

Thanks for your reply Peter. I know I shouldn’t buy a Homey purely based on only that function. But I was already considering the purchase of a Homey, if this feature would work, that would take away the last hesitation to buy…

The function is called ‘Ventilation’ and ‘Fresh’ in the English user manual…
The streamer function is a function that uses a plasma-burner to kill bacteria etc.

Forgot to mention: Thanks for all the work you have put into this wonderful app!

Checked my documentation ones again, it does not mention a “Ventilation” mode.

Would it be the unmentioned number 5?

Ventilation/fresh is only functional in the Ururu-model.

It might be, however the problem with the Daikin interface is hidden in this remark I make in the ‘description’ of my app…

Not all Daikin airconditioner models / model series / combinations of indoor and outdoor units are supported. Due to the fact that Daikin does not disclose their interface specification reverse engineering of the interface is extremely difficult.

If all goes according to plan Daikin AI for Homey v2 will be available for all Homey v2 users as beta in the second half of next week, a few screenshots of the new app you’ll find below.

Still work todo… there are some cosmetic issues that cannot be fixed at this moment, fan speed and swing direction control are not yet available due to a firmware short coming.

Note: development of this app for Homey v1 has stopped and eventually it will “disappear” completely from the app store as the latest version of the app will only be compatible with Homey v2. For those who stick to Homey v1 v1.1.3 will stay available via GitHub.

3 Likes

Daikin AI for Homey v2 will be available in the app store later this week. The app will be published as beta although it can be considered a stable version for Homey v2. The “official” stable version still is v1.1.3 which is only compatible with Homey v1. As soon as the number of beta installs, the Homey v2 compatible version of the app, exceeds 60% it will be promoted to the stable channel which effectively removes v1.1.3 from the app store. The Homey v1 compatible version (v1.1.3) of the app can then only be installed via the developer tools (using the CLI and downloading it from GitHub).

1 Like

Daikin AI for Homey v2 is now available in the app store.

Great. I Will install it directst.

Daikin AI is available via the stable channel as of now, over 65% of the users are on Homey v2.0.x.

Have you considered using the IR-signals instead of the Wifi-API via your app?
I think it is possible to learn the signals via the remote.

No I did not, bad idea also imho.

1 Like