[APP][Pro] Daikin AI

ahhh silly! after finding it on the homey Daikin AI app, it worked straight away! Thank you!!!

why would that Demo mode come enabled by default when you add a device? if there isn’t any particular reason, perhaps the default value should be set to “disabled” when you first add the device?

FYI - I then also re-added all the wifi adapters again, but this time with the profile “Model HomeKit” … it works like a charm on IOS native HomeKit app, including Siri commands! ( I had originally added them as “Comfora, Sensira, Ururu Sarara” which seemed to have more controls like fan speed and swing controls. but those don’t seem to work with my model anyway - which makes sense as per post #62)

I really appreciate the help and contribution to the community and sent you a couple of beers via the donation link available on homey app page. Let’s make this link easier for others that may want to contribute as well - https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.climate.daikin

Thank you!

RZLO

Demo mode is on by default to protect the novice Homey flow builder from damaging its airconditioner. An airco does not like to be turned on and off several times a minute, Daikin even states that there should be at least 3 minutes in between turning it off and on again.

Model Homekit can also be used with Google Assist.

Thanks for the beers!

Hey Lampje,
after using the app for a couple of weeks now, I have a couple of feedback notes. maybe you are already aware of them and planning a review on that, may there is any limitation and nothing can be done…

here they are in my view of priority:

1. the way that you currently turn on/off the device both on Homey app as well as on the apple home kit app, it requires a couple of additional and potentially unnecessary steps ( hold the icon + then select “mode” + then select off/heat/cool/auto). With pretty much all other devices, if you simply tap the icon, it should toggle on/off.

I understand that the state “on” needs to be defined as heater, A/C, auto. however, it could simply memorise the last known state when turning it on (which is how the Daikin app does It) as in majority of the cases it’s all we need “simply turn back on with one tap”

1. the temperature doesn’t have to increase by 0.5 increments. I believe that the extra accuracy doesn’t add an extreme value. however, because your scale is then twice longer, it is harder to drag and release the bar/dial in the exact desired temperature.

2. I don’t know If this is just a limitation on my model, but the Daikin original app limits the temperature ranges for each operation:
    Auto: 18-30
    Cool: 18-32
    heat: 10-30

3. there are a couple of modes that are available in the original Daikin app that is not available in the homey app: fan and dehumidifier. although the system is normally used in the main modes that you have in your app (air con/ heater / auto), for completeness, you may want to include the fan and dehumidifier modes.

I hope this feedback is helpful!

Regards,

RZLO

Thx for the feedback, not planning to update for now it is what it is.

We understand!!! You’ve done quite a lot for the community already! Cheers

Hi

Planning to buy a new Daikin Heat Pump in the Synergi series. Specifically the FTXTM40M.

Do anyone know if this is supported? I would assume that it is the newest version of hardware on it (BRP069B–).

This app is not reliant on apple homekit I assume?

-Stian

Correct, the app does not require Apple Homekit to function.

Support for Synergi series… fingers crossed… my guess is that it will work. Hopefully someone of the users can confirm that it does work.

@Homey_Lampje may I say many thanks!!! I came Home from work and my house is chill 25 ‘graden celcius’ Also my dog loves your app! #werreminLimburg

1 Like

Hi Guys, anyone knows how to interact with Daikin AI trough Alexa?
I’ve only been able to set temperature but not turning the Aircon on or off nor changing mode.

Any hints?
Thank you,
Oreste

Hey

I have a odd thing happening. I have a controll flow that runs every hour that sets a logical switch that the folowing scripts follows up on.

It runs it as it should just that what happens is the set temp card doesnt set the correct temp the temp value is set to 18 degree C but it ends up at 23 degree C that i have nothing else that sets it to in anything else anywhere. It sets Cooling properly and the sweep and fanrate no problem. Just the temp ends up wrong. Anyone have something simular happened or happening? This have been going on for a couple of months every time it hits this flow wich in my case aint very often.

HomeyFW : 2.5.0
App : 2.0.10

// Ted

when the airco is OFF… temp set will always equal inside temp as measured by the airco, and no this is not a bug it is programmed that way and I will not change it…

Note: the behaviour of model Homekit is different in this respect as that model can make use of the Homey SDK standard thermostat functionality.

Ahh so basecly i need to wait setting temp when turned on from off. Do you maybe know for how long?

// Ted

correct, you can set target temp immediately after you have turned the airco to ON.

That is what i do if you open upp the entire picture. ill just put in a wait time on the temp card for 5-10 sec or more.

Take note of this…

When designing flows and you add multiple Daikin AI action flowcards to a flow, or serveral flows but with the same trigger condition, it might be necessary to spread these actions over several seconds to give the airco time to process all the commands as the interface handles all the commands separately. The nature (asynchronous polling) of the Daikin interface still makes it possible that commands colide and as a result commands are not executed correctly which is something to keep in mind when building flows.

I have put in 5 sec delay on the last 3 cards. Just to make it reliable. Ill keep an eye on it onward. Thx :slight_smile:

Hi!
Thanks for a great app.

It seems to be a problem when changing mode from “Dry” to “Off”. I manage to set the mode to “Auto” first and than set the mode to “Off” (with delay). Same problem in flows as changing the mode manual. On the device in Homey you can see that the app is changing the mode to “Off” but than changing to “Auto” and at last reverts back to “Dry”.

Homey v2.5.1 & v2.5.2
Daikin AI v.2.0.10

Daikin controller firmware: 1.2.51

Confirmed, that is a bug. Thanks for reporting, will try to fix it in a next release.

As of now fixed in version 2.0.11 and above.

Hi, I’ve got a Daikin Altherma heat pump model EDLQ016CAV3 which is connected to a BRP069A lan controller. Is this supported by your app? All I need is on-off control so that I can switch the heat pump according to the output from my solar panels.

Thanks
Phil