[APP][Pro] Daikin AI

Hi peter, this looks like a great app, but like alot of users we have a ducted system so I can not utilise this app. But I would like to suggest another option to support not only your daikin but a range of AC options with IntesisHome products and their API. https://www.intesishome.com/api/
I would be happy to purchase a IntesisHome Brand specific module for your Daikin unit if you would be willing to write the Homey app for it. https://www.intesishome.com/brand-specific-ac/
I just figure that you already have a great understanding of the requirements needed and the app design and layout, so you would be the best candidate for this.
I’d also chip in a few drink donations also :slight_smile:

Hi Adrian,

Sorry, but I will not write another app.

1 Like

Hi Peter

Is it possible to add the option to read the power usage to the app?
would be great

Hi Edwin,

I already looked into this but unfortunately the Daikin API (interface) does not support this functionality (realtime power consumption is not available via the API).

Hi Peter,

Too bad.
Thank you for your update

works fine with BRP069B43 and FTXB35C.
The only thing I see that can be change is that the icon from Homey app looks like the devide is allwais on. It’s consuzing.

1 Like

Can you send me a screenshot, not sure what you mean…

This is what I see… Standby(off), Cooling and Heating.

1 Like

New version (3.1.5) of the app is available for a test drive… https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/nl.climate.daikin/Daikin-AI/test/

Athom’s latest Software Developers Kit (SDK) contains a couple features that makes it possible to de-complex and improve the app’s code which I did. However the de-complexing does have impact for flows that make use of Daikin AI flow cards. Flow cards created with Daikin AI versions prior to v3.1.5 are depreciated and as such will be removed from the app in due time. As of version 3.1.5 users are encouraged to replace the depreciated flow cards by new ones. Depreciated flow cards can be identified by the preceding “[v2]”, see example.

The code changes are quite extensive for which reason I will have this version in test till at least mid February, if all goes well it will be available as “stable version” in the 2nd part of February.

Beta (v3.1.5) testers are requested to report their findings via PM, thx.

2 Likes

I’m very exiced to add all my stilysh daikin to homey only few months

The number op tester is very limited at the moment… which I can understand as changing your flows is always a hassle.

Before releasing the updated version to the app store as stable version I will make another big, even bigger, change. All model range drivers will be depreciated and replaced by just 1 new driver called ‘Air/Air Heatpump series’. This means that as of version 3.2.0 new users can only add the new ‘Air/Air Heatpump series’ driver, existing users can for the time being remain using their model range driver. Eventually all the existing users need to upgrade to the new driver and flow cards.

Note: Model Homekit remains, no changes made to this driver (yet). Currently investigating the support for Google / Alexa speech control.

Hi, One question, stylish are supported too right ?

Version 3.2.0 is now available for a test drive…

Upgrading to v3.2.0 or higher will be unnoticeable to existing users… however things do change when you add a new device, create a new flow or adapt an existing flow. But don’t worry all flow cards remain to exist, just replace your ‘[v2]’ card with the same card from version v3.

Adding a new device is now super easy, either pick ‘Air-to-air Heatpumps’ or ‘Model Homekit’, pair your device as you were used to it’s that simple.

1 Like

Version 3.2.1 is available for a test drive… existing users that would rather be a smart follower than an early adopter should turn off automatic updates for the app as I will be submitting the app to the app store as stable version very soon.

Note: very few testers and no feedback at all… well I cannot test everything myself I need your help… we will see how it goes when the app is on the ‘stable channel’.

Hi, is it possible to support BRP072C42? From the home assistant component, it seems to need to communicate over https and involve a 13 digit key in order for it to work.

Not sure if this github helps. https://github.com/nzhook/hass_daikin_secure

likely not… also no plans to support this particular configuration.

Version 3.2.1 is now available from the app store.

Earlier I could not find a way to interact about this homey app for Daikin heath pumps, so unfortunately posted my problem as a review. Sorry about that.

Now I found this forum, so am bringing it here.

Just got a new Daikin airco unit installed and wanted to connect it to homey with this app. So I added it to my network, this should be ok as I can access it with the Daikin android app.

But unfortunately when adding my Daikin as device using the homey app, it fails (adapter BRP069B41, unit FTXM20N2V1B) with error and apparently a crash, because I can see the error text appear and next the screen closes so fast that I cannot read the error.

It would be great if you could help me to get this working.

And if you know how I can remove my not so positive review I will gladly do so of course.

And am happy to do testing with 3.2.1
I have a 2nd unit, bit more capacity, same adapter