Darksky Weather App

Hi, thanks for making this implementation! By far the most detailed weather app for Homey! I was wondering if you are planning to implement ‘condition-cards’? I would, for example, like to trigger a specific scene with more lights on when I come home and it is really cloudy, using a condition card for cloudiness. Regards, Patrick

1 Like

That sounds like a great idea :slight_smile: Could you make a feature request for this on github? For the time being you could use logic cards for that with the tag ’ cloud coverage’

Sure! Do I have to do that under ‘pull requests’ or ‘issues’? I don’t think I will go for the temporary solution, since I have to edit my flows twice in that case :wink: i’ll Patiently wait for the condition cards sometime!

That’s for issues unless you fixed it yourself in the code… Then it’s a pull request :slight_smile:

Okay, but since it is not an issue, but a feature request, where do I put it? :thinking:

Request for enhancements are also allowed in issues :slight_smile:

Alright, I’ll make the request there!

Hello @Jeroen_Somhorst. De app is really the most usefull weather app on this moment. Really apreciated.
I have one question. Do you know how i can arrange a message when the amount of rain is between a percentage.
I would like to get a message when the rain is between 0.2 and 1 for light rain and a message when the rain is between 1 and 2 mm for normal rain.
Now i’m getting the hole time a message when the rain change from 1.17 to 1.18 :grinning:

Can’t you just use multiple logic cards for this? Something like

rain is great than 1 and lower than 2
or
rain is greater than 0.2 and lower than 2

It still will trigger every two minutes though if something changed. I’m currently working on conditions for several capabilities so maybe I can do something with this question in mind

Hello @Jeroen_Somhorst thank you for your reply. I’m just reading about the logic cards and better logic app, but this is still acrabadaca for me . I will try to look for some examples

You don’t need the better logic app for this. You can use the build in logic cards that are available by default. :slight_smile:

Hello @Jeroen_Somhorst. I will read about the use of the logic cards.
I would like to get 1 message if the value is between a condition.
1 message when the value is between 0.2 and 1 for light rain
1 message when the value is between 1 and 2 rain
1 message when the value is higher then 2 for havey rain
1 message when the value is lower then 0.1 for dry.

If i’m correct there is also something for the dryer flows when its finished, maybe it will also work for this.

1 Like

Hi, I am doing something wrong probably but with breedtegraad 52.6 en lengtegraad 5.1 I currently get data including a temp of 27 degrees. Running the beta version. I wish that was true :sunglasses:
So good news: link API is working. But latitude and longitude should end up somewhere in Hoorn NL.
Any suggestions?

Switch the coordinates; NL is 5.1/52.6
It’s bit confusing; Google maps gives the coordinates the other way compared what you need to enter.

2 Likes

I feel reeeeealy stupid now.
Thanks!!!

1 Like

measure_rain does not update. Keeps hanging on zero value

Hi,

it will update every two minutes. I just checked with my coordinates and it seems to work fine here.

Hello @Jeroen_Somhorst i dont know if its correct, but its working with the logic cards and two flows for each rain type.
I’m getting once a message when the rain type will change.
Its working much better and accurate then the rainradar app or the buienalarm app. Thanks formthe great app

2 Likes

I used the Developer Tool Devices to take a look at the Last Updated frequency. It seems to me that not all of the capabilities are updated every 2 minutes.
Just had some rain, a couple of minutes ago. It didn’t update the measure_rain capability. My coordinates seem OK. Any suggestions?

Mine is working an updating perfect since i installed the app

Did you try to restart the app?