Darksky Weather App

I tried to add it, but i kept saying ‘invalid latitude’ it took me a while to release that the lat/lng inputs were back to front with longitude followed by latitude. Perhaps that is a locale thing though.

All working now though, good work!

Hello Jeroen,

I have a request for additional data. I’d like to use this app for weather alerts (rain and open windows).
For that, the rain percipIntensity is not useful because it changes every poll interval in minimal steps.

Could you please add the values for

• summary
  • precipProbability
    ds-api

Changes for these values should trigger flows and should be present as tags to create logic (like the other values).
Thank you.

Bye
Ronny

1 Like

Why is this app showing up in Homey energy?

@Jeroen_Somhorst Why is this app a energy consuming device in Homey?

I don’t know… I havent had the time to update my homey to 3.x so I also haven’t got the time to investigate this any further.

Update. I just updated my homey and tried several things but it at this moment I don’t know yet why it is visible under energy. I would hav expected it not to be. If I have more information I will update this topic

ok.

Hi Jeroen_Somhorst, i think there is a problem with unit temperature because when i define a localisation in timezone Europe/Paris, temperature displayed is 30… :stuck_out_tongue:
Can we change the unit to configure the app in Celsius and not fahrenheit please?

I think you have enter your location wrong in the app.
Please check if you have maybe swaped LAT & LONG in the wrong field.
The app shows the temperature in celsius.

1 Like

gloups sorry you’re right : problem solved

2 Likes

For some odd reason, after I install this app, it won’t show up as a trigger for my flows. I have tried restarting the app, reinstalling and installing other apps to see if they do work. Other apps do work and show up as a trigger. But Darksky Weather app will simply not show up anywhere as a trigger I can use in a flow.

What am I doing wrong?

Did you add a Dark Sky Weather device?

I feel very dumb now. Thought the information came from the internet. But I see I need to add a device first. My mistake!

https://blog.darksky.net/dark-sky-has-a-new-home/ :cry:

The API works till the end of 2021.
So we need to find a alternative weather source with realtime weather updates.
Anyone knows a good source?
I found http://weerlive.nl/delen.php , updates every 10min.

Wow. Why would they do that? :o:

I don’t know, damm Apple :frowning:
Use it a lot at the moment.

Statement from the blog: “Our API service for existing customers is not changing today, but we will no longer accept new signups. The API will continue to function through the end of 2021.”

Hi,
since I’m on v4.2.0 rc2, all is running fine except of Dark Weather - while all 20 apps are now consuming less memory, it’s the opposite for Dark Weather app. Anyone else is experiencing such behavior as well? I wonder if it’s Homey problem or app problem (as it’s the only one I have currently problem with).

Problem with this api is that it’s only for us Dutch. The darsksky weather api can be used for ever lang/long location. I don’t think there is any suitable alternative.

as you can see here… no problem at all

Well, yes, sorry it was very old comment. It was fixed in other RCs and on final I confirm no problems at all

1 Like