DELETED - OLD/ARCHIVED [APP] Homewizard Energy (stable: v0.1.7 beta: v0.1.7)

Sorry, what do you mean?
Need extra input from me? Which one?
Gladly!

It’s existing code from HomeWizard and had no crash issues when HomeWizard is unreachable. Now with the energy dongle it crashes on unreachable. It’s a known issue on pairing it will give http error. But have not looked at unreachable. For now a lesser issue but will put it on the to do list to sort out. I need the console log output of the cli run of the app when the dongle is unreachable.

If needed, I would be happy to provide you this.
But no idea how to to make such a log…

If you don’t know then dont try.
It involves install8mg nodejs and athom application.
Then you need to download the source code of the application and “athom app run”.

Well, sounds almost the same as installing cli.
So just contact me if you need it… :slight_smile:

Code is here https://github.com/jtebbens/Homewizard-Energy

Try this beta version to see if app wont crash:

v0.0.8 - Making device unavailable when connection issue detected.

Thx @Jeroen!
It seems that it keeps crashing…

My HW dongle seems to be having some problems of its own too. Will have to wait for a new one before I can test any further.
But considering this point, the update didn’t help unfortunately. The dongle is not connected because of the malfunctioning.

I do have another request if I may:
Would it be possible to show the value of the current power usage on the tile of the device?
That way it can show how much power is used when using the device as a favourite in HomeyDash…
Or is it already implemented? Cannot check it now because of the malfunctioning too… :frowning:

I received your crash reports so will have a look, so a bummer the code doesnt work.

Sadly no, the tile cant be showing those values. The only exception is the thermostat. Or, I am not aware yet if that is possible. Maybe other apps have this and I can see how they do it.

Great, thanks in advance!

Perhaps you can look into the apps of Sonos (shows i.e. volume), IKEA (shows dimming of lights) and Aqara (shows i.e. temperature at sensors)
See below:

I have aqara but don’t see temperatures on the icons of the sensors. Are you on Homey 5.0.0?

No, still on 4.2.1. The Aqara app doesn’t work on v5 yet.
Are you checking in HomeyDash?
When you press and hold, you can select what you want to see.

Not sure if this is standard functionality. But cannot check myself now, since the HW dongle if faulty.
Perhaps leave it until I am able to check it. Or someone else might have some info…?

Sorry no homeydash here so recon you are showing that rather than the homey icon itself.

:cry:

Sorry @Rocodamelshekima but no F12 on an ipad so no clue how to console or link it back to my iphone or ipad

Just get the link on ur pc and cast it to ur iPad via any connection u have. U do have Telegram on both devices so share the link via Telegram and ur good to go!

Ok will try, thanks

1 Like

@Henk_Renting Try beta 0.0.9 hope it improves the no connection for you without crashing.

Have installed, until now no crashes.
Will monitor and keep you posted!

It would have on first attempt but yeah let me know. :slight_smile:

1 Like