Developer Page Z-wave topology

This.

for easier reference what @Rasmus_Beyron got as answer via the mail (as the attachment he added in his e-mail reply is a little hard to see/find/read)

Good evening Klas,

Thank you for your mail and for reporting this issue. We are aware of this and we will solve this as soon as possible once we find time for it. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Gijs

Athom Support

Thanks Caseda! At least we know the issue will be addressed.

The developer->Tools->Z-Wave page is calling getFailedNodes(), a function that consumes a lot of time per device and always ends up in one or two different time-out errors. While getFailedNodes() awaits completion, all outgoing z-wave calls are timed-out and lost. Incoming z-wave notifications are received and handled.
I’m sure it gets fixed within the next decade (sorry, pun intended), but in the meantime you can copy the following code and paste it in ‘https://developer.athom.com/tools/api-playground’ and get some familiar info.

Homey.zwave.runCommand({ command: "getNetworkTopology"})
        .then(async function(nodes) {
            var txt='';
            var stats;
            await Homey.zwave.getState().then(function (s) { stats = s.zw_state.stats; });
            _.forEach(nodes, function (node, key) {
                txt += '\n' + key + ' ' + node.name;
                if (node.props.route != undefined && node.base == undefined) {
                  txt += '\n\troute: ' + key + '=>'; 
                  for (var r = node.props.route.shift(); r != undefined; r = node.props.route.shift())
                      if (r != 0) txt += r + '=>';
                  txt += ' 1';
                }
                var stat = stats['node_' + key + '_network'];
                if (stat != undefined && stat.tx != 0) {
                  txt += '\n\ttx: ' + stat.tx + ' err: ' + stat.tx_err + ' (' + Math.round(100*stat.tx_err/stat.tx) + '%) rx: ' + stat.rx;

}
                if (txt.length > 1900) {
                  // Sorry, I am a bit lazy
                  alert (txt);
                  txt = '';
                }
        });
        alert(txt);
     });

Exact same symptons here as well.

Hello,

I needed to move my homey and did want to build the zwave network again so it works. But then I find this… Is there some way to make homey build it again? Other than to wait until they fix this and then “heal”?

Reboot?

That didn’t help. Or then it takes ages. Can I check on it somewhere?

The zwave page isn’t working currently and will be fixed in the future. A reboot should force homey to rebuild the network.

Is there a specific reason you want to rebuild/heal?

Yeah I moved it about 40meters. But it takes some time to heal. I’ll check tomorrow how it works.

Joakim

I can see the routing again.
(But still getting error messages.)

Well… eehm… I don’t feel like the issue has been solved… I feel very sorry to disturb the silence in the office but - would it be perhaps possible to eeehm I mean just in case you don’t feel to much pushed - as it shouldn’t get stress or even feel like a job you get paid for - TAKE the time to do the work?!? :fearful::exploding_head::angry:

Athom does not read this community forum, so if you want to “push” them you’ll have to email support.

I never seen a message that it was already fixed either, so makes sense that it isn’t fixed yet, there are many more things that needs to be fixed, not just this issue.

And also please quote the entire message, now it seems it was me who said it, which is not the case.

:man_shrugging: Yeah, sorry - you’re right, but:

Honestly - I pushed so many messages to Athom during the last 18 months - I’m running out of energy and enthusiasm, as I once decided to be a user and I’d like to remain being a user and not to get involved to much in their business; just expecting them to do it that pro way.

18 months? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: This problem was reported in October '18 and is already solved afaik. At least, a week later it worked again and has been working since… :thinking:

I didn’t say I pushed messages to them regarding only THAT specific issue :wink:

And if it’s been fixed - then it may be just back and occurring again. :man_shrugging:

Although an issue from three years ago, this started appearing since a few weeks. A lot of “getFailedNodes” commands in de log which causes Homey to go offline. It seems like most automated requests are still handled but Homey is unreachable for 5-10 minutes. This is happening about 10 times a day… Is the bug introduced again or is it just my system?

My Homey and zwave network are working rock solid for months now (knock on wood). 61 zwave devices here and zero tx errors. Same thing for 33 zigbee devices, so at the moment I’m quite happy with Homey.
I can’t say if it is just your system or not, but I can say mine is working just fine.
Perhaps one of your zwave devices is bothering the mesh network. For instance by intermittently participating in the network. Check the Z-Wave page on Developer Tools and see if a device stands out with a high Tx Error count.

Yeah, same here. For over a year everything went smooth. I have 144 Z-Wave devices and none of them are giving large amounts of errors or ar unknown. It’s really weird.