Developing a new Family iPhone App

Gonna try and get back to u with the results

1 Like

It is an homey app. See app store of homey

Where is the devicename, username and password for? In advanced settings?

Hi,

:smiley: left over from try and error. This can be ignored and will be removed.

1 Like

Now we maybe need to wait for a change to see some values or?image

You need to be sure that you have filled in your Apple account and password in the app settings. Syncing time can be set on 1 minute. In the logging tab you can check if everything goes well. In this case the device button must be updated after 1 minute. Ps I did not test it on apple watch. But I assume that this works also.

Goes wrong somewhere with the 2 fact auth… on my side. Dunno where to fill the code , too many devices lying around the house me guess

Very nice. Some flows added and keep u informed!

Great, it is important to check that you do not get lots of emails from Apple that you loging in. It should be one of two emails and then it should keep the session open and not re-login until internet is lost or homey reboot.

1 Like

The device is not showing in my devicelist. I can put them in my flow so they are connect somewhere…

Please make sure your settings in the app are okay. Check your iCloud user name and password and put sync time one one minute. Check also the logging tab 'to see if something is wrong.

It already shown up right now. It took some time! Min 30 minutes. Good job!

App settings are oke.
Get time out on initial device install (after verification code)
2nd time (no code) devices are installed but not updated. (Interval is on 1 min)

You need to accept on your iPhone the question Some one is using you account is this ok. Press yes and you can skip the code that is send afterwards which is not needed for FindMe module on iCloud. Try to restart the app also check logging if you see an error.

Did that. Accepted access.

Then time out on device install.
Run add device again, all get found and installed. Only not updated

Could you check logging and check if there is an error? If you use the Find my IPhone app working for you (on another device?)

No new logs after devices added

First device add log:

2nd time

So you where able to add a device. Could you go to the …/Apps (in the homey app) select family iPhones and then the cog-wheel and restart the app. Before that clear the logging and check if it starts syncing.

Looks like that did the trick!

Thanks

1 Like

For me too!