Device installation simulation

Hello,
I always ask myself the question of what functions, customizable parameters, interactions … will be possible with a module that I want to buy. Also wouldn’t it be interesting to create a device installation simulation interface, to observe its characteristics and parameters, and thus get a better idea before acquisition?

You do realize how difficult (practically impossible) that is for a product like Homey right? People never have the same situation in what devices they (want to) use, each device and app have their own way of pairing, settings and options, which can get very, very diverse (you could call it infinite possibilities).

I agree a generic solution wouldn’t be possible, but it may be possible for app developers to provide simulation data, like a JSON document representing the properties of a valid device.

The SDK would have to provide a framework to pair a “simulation device”, which would then be paired like a regular device but using the “fake” data.

Internally, the app should check if a device is a simulated device or not, so it wouldn’t try to update/query an actual device but use simulated data.

Not trivial, but also not impossible.

My need seems more limited to me, just visualize the interface of the device and its properties

My need seems more limited to me, just visualize the interface of the device and its properties