Does homey get bothered with a lot of flows?

I am new to homey, and trying to figure out how to not overload it in the future.

So, is it better with advanced flows or does it not get bothered with running several flows at once ?

No problems with hunderds of flows, only try to avoid to trigger constantly a lot of flows or a flow many times short after each other.

There is a failsafe to prevent flows triggering themselves ( direct or indirect by triggering a device that triggers an other flow trigering something in a loop) within a short period. Fe ~ 20 triggers of one flow within a minute will disable the flow to prevent lockup of Homey.

Fe you can’t make Homey trigger light like a stroboscoop or on music.

Only known issue is sending many updates to devices short after each other fe switching 10 lights at once (on zigbee, or zwave or 433Mhz). As workaround set a delay of 1 second between many devices.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply :slightly_smiling_face:
Yes, I’ve read about the delay tip, but nice of you to share :+1:

“20 triggers of one flow within a minute will disable the flow to prevent lockup of Homey”

How long, and how do i know its been blocked?

This is how it’s supposed to work:
Triggers more then 10 times a second or more then 120 times a minute and the flow will be disabled. U get a warning in ur timeline.

Thank you.
Such a great forum. Super fasr replies :blush:

As stated above homey does not care about the amount of flows.
I use to split up flows as much as possible to keep them simple.
Want to now more? Read my post “how to structure your flows”

1 Like

Great, thanks :ok_hand: