DreamScreen App

Bought it after having a led-strip behind the TV for years.

This adds so much more to the picture. Blacks look realy black and it realy offers an immersive touch to it.
Don’t get over enthusiastic by setting all to 100% brightness, the it will distract you. But with the correct settings you don’t even notice it’s on. Untill you turn it off. It’s then you immediatly notice you are missing something!

So in short, it’s way too expensive :roll_eyes:, but worth the investment if you are a fan of it! :slight_smile:
I bought the DIY 4K kit with 55leds p/mtr. Which is double of what the original Dreamscreen ledstrip has.

I even went one step further and installed a HDMI splitter to capture the HDMI signal on a PC running capture software and the Philips HUE Sync app (entertainment room setup).

As a result the HUE lamps also change according to what’s displayed on the TV. :slight_smile:

Yeah when then I would go full 4K with 2 kickers. It does look intriguing to have :slight_smile: Been debating a long time to finally invest in one.

Anything particular I need to pay intention when buying it? I am planning on using with my Apple TV 4k on a 65in 4K TCL and a PS4 Pro

I suggest to buy a DIY kit and note that there is a max of 250 leds in total that can be controlled.
So don’t think you can have a strip with 66led p/mtr on a 65" TV :wink:

For a large screen it’s better to buy one extra DIY cable and a second ledstrip.
One used for the left and top of the screen and one on the right and bottom of the screen.
That way you don’t run into powerdrain and the last leds in line displaying a different color because of the lack of power. Furthermore don’t buy more that 4 sidekicks. They are controlled over Wifi and it’s known that more than 4 can cause lag.

Last but not least, the software and sidekicks are having teething problems :stuck_out_tongue: and are not the most stable out there, but they are release firmwares to fix the known issues and the adhesive of the strip is &^%&$&%
So I used a hot glue-gun to fix it :slight_smile:

Oh and if you want one, this is the time to order one :slight_smile:
I received a voucher code for a substantial discount because the are now on backorder.

Not sure if it’s alowed to post it here, so if you want it, send me a private message! :wink:

1 Like

I can´t send you a private message :see_no_evil:

I send you one :+1:

@Niels is it possible to add a Dreamscrean card to the “and” field?
I would like set the mode to video when the TV is on and the schemerschakelaar is on.
That way the DS stays off during the day.

I have that working now, but adding a card to check if DS is “off” could prevent a change mode off command every 10 seconds. Since, when it’s off there is no need to give the “else” command.

Thanks in advance,
Michel

I’ll see if I can add a input and mode card. This way you can use the value in all kind situations. Also checking the mode set.

1 Like

Hi Niels, any progress on this?
Since I now get this message due to not being able to check the status of the DS and turning it on and off when it already has that status :blush:

I’m afraid not. I haven’t forgotten about it, just didnt found the time yet

@Niels Hi,

The dreamscreen devices dont show the right status, power off and brightness. When i change in Original Dreamscreen app the brightness or turned on or else, in the Homey app dont show me the right status. Can you please look into this. Thanks

I’ve updated the Apps code today. this will work in the comming version, soon TM.

I’ve updated the code today. and updated my github for the brave. when i’m happy with it i’ll submit the changes to the athom app store.

Version 1.2.0

• Bugfix, crash that happend when device was offline.
  • Added, Updated state information.
1 Like

@Niels Hi,

I’m back from Vacation and great to hear that, can you say when its in the store? Big thanks for the update🖒

Hi Niels,

A minute ago the app updated to 1.2 and stopped working. Restarting the app doesn’t work.
Got the message that you will be informed, but not sure if you did.

(EDIT)
Solved by removing the devices and adding them again! :blush:.

Love the fact that the status of the devices can be checked in a flow :heart_eyes::star_struck:. Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Ive received the reports:

Homey software version: 2.5.2

Crash report:

/node_modules/dreamscreen-node/lib/dreamscreen/client.js:557
throw new TypeError("DreamScreen Client light expects identifier for DreamScreen light to be a string");
^

TypeError: DreamScreen Client light expects identifier for DreamScreen light to be a string
at Client.light (/node_modules/dreamscreen-node/lib/dreamscreen/client.js:557:11)
at MyDriver.getDevice (/drivers/dreamscreen/driver.js:137:19)
at DsDevice.connectDriver (/drivers/dreamscreen/device.js:11:33)
at DsDevice.onInit (/drivers/dreamscreen/device.js:108:10)
at DsDevice.__onInit (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/Device.js:1:1603)
at emitNone (events.js:106:13)
at DsDevice.emit (events.js:208:7)
at ready (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/Driver.js:1:2612)
at MyDriver.ready (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/Driver.js:1:4653)
at DsDevice.s.on.on.on.once.t (/opt/homey-client/system/manager/ManagerApps/bootstrap/sdk/v2/lib/Driver.js:1:2599)

N.B.: You will soon be able to view (an archive of) these logs from witin a developer panel on the app page.

I’ll look into it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Already solved it by removing the devices and adding them again :slight_smile:
What an improvement being able to check the status of the device :slight_smile:
Great update!

1 Like

@Niels Hi,

Thanks for the update, the switch state works but the slider state dont show the right status can you please look into this when you have enough Time, dont stress. Thanks

Rather go for this one I think, if you are an Hue enthusiast!