Homey Community Forum

Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Fan

I want to connect Dyson Hot+Cool Fan to my Homey Pro.

But I cant connect them,
is there a sollution for it or is it just not possible?

the dyson app is wonky. even for my previous generation fans, the fan goes offline after adding and the app . crashes… maybe you can submit a request to athom…

I added the Dyson AM10 with the Logitech Harmony app and hub. Works very nice. This way i can use the humidity sensor of Netatmo to control my Dyson.

Have you tried to give it a fixed ip? And for crashing apps i would let the app restart every x hours (start very often and lower it to search for the sweatspot)

Yes it’s on a fixed IP as are most of my smart wifi appliances… But somehow it still goes offline or timeout almost immediately after adding as a device into homey… I kind of gave up on it since. Restarting the app every x hours may not work as I have manually restarted the app and everytime the dyson devices still shows offline in homey… I have no problem with using Dyson’s own Dyson Link app to control it, just unable to do it with Homey.

Have emailed Athom support a few times but still no solution. I’m using the Dyson TP03.
It was fine when I was on an early v1 firmware.