[APP] EcoDim - Rotary (2-wire) dimmer switch - both Z-wave & Zigbee (v2.3.6)

Ik heb update kunnen uitvoeren…
I was finally able to update !
Apparently homey and WiFi were arguing since a longer time.
I added homey to guest network and that worked as my regular network and phone hotspot didn’t work

The Zigbee tunable filament bulbs as well as the wall controllers has been added to the EcoDim app update v2.2.0; compatible with Homey v5 and available through: https://homey.app/a/nl.EcoDim/test

I tried to pair a zigbee .07 ecodim dimmer, but the pairing seems to take forever. I have another one already installed (differently wired) and that one is running successfully.
Was a zigbee .07 2019 dimmer removed with the latest update?

No, no dimmers removed in the latest updates.
But I also don’t expect this to be the cause; since if there would not be a match (due to missing driver), it would end up with a generic Zigbee device. What steps did you already try to include the dimmer?

It was solved eventually, unfortunately not clear what solved it.
Both a factory reset and a reset of the homey eventually did the trick.

Can you help me by sharing your experience/advice with your ECO-DIM.07, as I’m considering buying a bunch of them for my new house;

1. Do you recommend the Basic or Pro?
  2. Do you recommend Zigbee or Z-wave (and why)?
  3. How stable & responsive is your setup (never an issue, a few times a year / month / week)?

If you want to know more about my new situation and share your opinion / advice, please check; Zou jij je slimme verlichting ook zo inrichten in je nieuwe huis?

Ik probeer een ecodim 8 knops schakelaar te pairen maar er gebeurt helaas niks.

I’ve got an EcoDim switch 8 buttons but it’s not pairing for some reason.

I already:

-reboot homey
-upgrade to 7.0
-give homey no power for 30 mins.
-held it very close to homey
-removed 3 end devices to make sure theres space to add
-reset the ecodim switch and tried again to pair.

Anything else I can try?

Edit: when trying to pair the light flashes 6 times which seems to be correct when paired, but the pairing page in the app remains the same. Maybe this is helpfull for the ones who made the app.

The app works fine for an Ecodim 7, however I just bought the Ecodim 5 but is not available in the app yet. The right channel in recognized as a single Ecodim 7 & 10. the left channel is not recognized at all.
Is there any chance of adding the Ecodim 5 ZigBee in the near future ?
Thanks,
Mike

Ecodim.05 duo zigbee 2021 version works fine.
Now and then a tiny bit delay if used to much in short period.
Ecodim.05 duo touchlink

Hi Mike, you told the ecodim.7 works fine.
I’ve also bought the ecodim.7 but sometimes it won’t dim by a flow.
After dim manually, the flow works again.

Did you have the same problem or do you have found a work around?

Regards
Richard

Sorry Richard, I did not use the community for a while, and got no notification that there was a message for me.

I don’t have that problem with the Ecodim 7 but I used to have that exact problem on the Right channel of the Ecodim 05 for a year, very annoying to say the least.
Since a couple of months the problem disappeared. I don’t know if there was any upgrade on the app or on homey that fixed it.

I hope the same happened to your installation.

Regards and sorry again,
Mike

I think that the 10 seconds in that card is not a timer to start the next card.
If you put a “pause” between the 2 cards of 11 seconds then it will maybe work.
So after 11 seconds the card is started to see if the zone is active.
But i am not sure about that.

What should that dim card do exactly you think?
I don’t use that card.

I still think it is not a waiting card for the next card. The 10 second card is only for dimming the light, it doesn’t care what the next card does.
But maybe I am wrong.
@TedTolboom?

1 Like

It is your wrong assumption, the light is instructed to start a fade to x% over n time.
But once that is started the card is ready.

O, and the duration is a standard build in Homey option. That can only be enabled or disabled by the developer and create a parameter to send to the device.

1 Like

Imo The bulb does it self…

The card for the light is that it dims from A to B and it takes x seconds.
Zone card: If a door sensor is activated in a zone and the door is open for 10 minutes then.
Door open and the zone gets active.
IF zone is active for 10 minutes THEN…

I received my second pair of solo dimmers and get an error on every command I sent;

Unsup_cluster_command

Anyone experiencing the same?

The command sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t work. My duo dimmers work without issues…

Same here, I’ve sent an e-mail to Ecodim last June and recieved a reply allmost a month later…
They say that the problem is known and they will resolve it.
(but this was two months ago so… )

Hartelijk dank voor je bericht! We hebben deze melding vaker ontvangen, en zijn momenteel bezig met de developer om het probleem te verhelpen! Zodra er een update bekend is zal er een nieuwe app versie verschijnen.

@TedTolboom can you add an option to use a lable here?