[APP][Pro] Ecovacs - Deebot

Near Alkmaar here :wink:
Yes it is a pretty oldskool wifi chip as I discovered.
I just checked again, it’s still online now.
As they describe, it goes only in hybernation when not docked, to prevent battery exhaustion.
Polling can’t hurt, I’m very excited to try v0.7.0.
Thanx again!

v0.7.0 has been reviewed by Athom, the link is up in the Discord!

2 Likes

success! Deebot Slim 2 is now recognised after removing and re-adding to the app. cleaning/docked/charging/etc seem to work through Homey as well. will test a couple of flows and report back. thanks for your hard work so far!

1 Like

Update 2: Ecovacs app says Deebot offline, Homey “start Deebot” command works anyway :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :upside_down_face:

Update: forgot to mention the Battery monitor also works!

Superb!
My Deebot Slim 2 is working like a charm!
And, it was still online, so it’s 100% OK and functional. Even the “spot clean” function works.
No need to remove and add device again, I just installed the new version.

Let me buy you a beer! Do you have a link for me?
Cheers,
Peter

1 Like

Great to hear it’s working! I’ll do a few more days of testing and adding features, planning to release 1.0.0 at the start of next week.

Feel free to buy me a coffee or beer! Here’s the link ;

1 Like

Done, thanks for your contribution

2 Likes

What does the spot cleaning do exactly?

Depends on the model.

Currently, only “spot cleaning” is supported, which cleans an area around where the robot is (1x1m for example).

The second mode is “spot area cleaning”, where the robot cleans an area that was defined in the app (for example “Living room”). That’s only supported by the newer models, though.

1 Like

I have the T8 aivi, but doesn’t show up area. Would think that’s one of the newest :thinking:

Edit : I might have read that wrong. It isn’t in the app yet, or it isn’t supported at all?

That’s a planned feature for the app, it will require custom flows cards.

I have the same device, so will be able to test it well before releasing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome :blush:

Amazon Alexa supports Pausing and resuming of Ecovacs. I suppose that those commands should be available through the API, and I am thinking that maybe the info can be extracted from. Alexa somehow if Ecovacs are claiming otherwise.

Pause and resume are very valuable for flows.

(I think you wrote that they were not available through the API and I wanted to find ways around. Please don’t flame me if I got it all wrong.) :slight_smile:

I have quite a simple Deebot, as Pause I send Stop and as Resume I send ‘Go cleaning’ (flow) commands.
In your case, probably a stop command resets the %cleaned status I guess?
Mine just drives around the room as a headless chicken :wink: it does only log the hours it cleaned.

Pause and resume are available through the API, but not supported in the default vacuum_cleaner capability that Athom provides.

However, I’ve created flow cards (actions) for these 2 commands and they will be included in the next release.

Both “pause” and “resume” should work on older devices too.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for this. I am looking forward to it. I am hoping to replace using the Ecovacs app for doing the scheduling, and put it in Homey instead, so pause, resume, and telling it to clean certain rooms, (Yes, Ecovacs “default naming” of the rooms leaves a bit to be desired.) would be very valuable.

Again, thank you for the great work.

Hey guys, is it still possible to join the test/beta? I’d love to have this for my T8+.

The link is still up, more testing is always a good idea imho :blush:

1 Like

Still works like a charm. Homey v6.1.0-rc.1
Love the Deebot app!

I’m currently having an issue with my homey where it won’t connect to wifi anymore, so can’t test my changes at the moment.

It’s a 2016 model, so I’m upgrading to a pro soon - will keep you all updated!

Oh bummer! Hope you can bring it online again.