Efficient flows

Hi everybody!
I have been playing with Homey for some time now. Homey is step-by-step replacing my trusty Homewizard.
(Geolocalisation is one function for which I still absolutely need my homewizard)

I find the homewizard tasks in many respects better than those “flow” of homey. Where I need one single Homewizard “task”, very often I need more than one “flow” using Homey.

An example:
I want curtains to close 10minutes after sunset. No problem for Homewizard, problematic for Homey. In homey, I am supposed to used timers, but they tend to overload the CPU.

Does anyone know how to realise the below function in one single Homey “flow”?

maybe this helps?

1 Like

You can even set the delay as 2-15 min, to close the curtains between 2 and 15 minutes after sunset to get some variance in the closing time.

Thanks!

:grin:
It’s a solution, but it will not win a beauty contest.
Every curtain has a timer running, again highering the CPU load .
Home wizard basically has this timer integrated into the first condition.!

Screenshot_20181224-204115|281x500

Could you create a flow that closes all the curtains and then run that flow from a timer. That way only one timer.

If you install the “sun events” app, it allows you to set a delayed time to the “when” sunrise event.
Plus it gives you much more options which probably fit you curtains flow better (many moments of the sun path in the sky)

1 Like

Do timers really increase CPU load? Because I never noticed that.

Well, it is a clockfunction, no?

The good thing about clock functions, and timers, is that they’re idle most of the time.