[APP][Pro] ELKO Smart (deprecated)

App is already made for 5.0 firmware that is waiting release. Yoy can find it by adding /test after url in the app store. It will not be made support for 4.2.0 firmware.

Hi! Have the v5 homey fw. And try to connect the Elko super, did it with success with the older version, but with the new, nothing happens when I try to add the thermostat. Is it possible that fw version on the thermostat must be updated, the base card is v. 18.20 with a running v. 1.2.5R.
Please help :raising_hand_man:t3:

Hi!

1st. Please try to turn thermostat off for 5 minuttes. Then turn on and try to connect again.

2nd. Please try to add the thermostat with Homey really near. (10-30 cm). Inclusion process is much more advanced and needs good connection.

3rd Please try to factory reset the the thermostat. Then try to connect again.

4th. If this still not work. Do you have Homey +? It could be interesting to see if you can include this on 4.2.0 again with no problem or it is a faulty device.

Hi again! I have now tested with same base card version and firmware 1.2.5R. It includes to homey v5.0.0 rc47 with no problems. So please try the steps in my last post.

hi! thanks for answer!

i bought 2 pucks and one more thermostat and test those out, but no success. the systems has multiple led drivers with zigbee successfully connected but I canā€™t connect Elko materialā€¦ I have homey +, and I have followed your steps, but. earlier, I taught I remember the red text about pairing stood in the Display all the time to te connection to homey was complete, in mine devices its just stand there for 3-4 seconds before it disappears, and its stands ā€œscanningā€ over. Maybe its some settings in homey ? I have also tried to reinstall the app, and only search to add, and installed it again to pairā€¦

hmmā€¦ Can you please check what channel your zigbee network is using on developer.athom.com

When i click the zigbeee network I get all my other nodes, under system info its stands 21, is this the zigbee channel?

Yes :slight_smile: Please try to change your zigbee channel to under 18. Use 11-14. Try to add again :slight_smile:

I tried to do it today, but I wasnā€™t able to change itā€¦it canā€™t connect every device, but everything works, think I need to delete the devices before change.

Hi @prj_84,
Thank you for your commitment in creating this app!
Do you have any plans for adding the new products Elko has launched recently?
Iā€™m thinking of the camera, door/window sensor, water sensor, PIR sensor, smartPIR with dimmer/switch and the smartplug?

Some is supported in test for 5.0.0. Support. Still working on some other devices since there is missing some support in the new zigbee core.

@prj_84 I see https://github.com/prj84/com.Elko/ is no longer available? I hope this should not raise concern? Did Elko themselves show interest in this?

Just working on a new Git. Will be back soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! New to the athom scene, but enjoying it so far. Would it be possible to implement a relative temperature setting (e. g. ā€œDecrease by 2 degreesā€) for the thermostat? Will there be a new git repo? (Willing to contribute)

Iā€™ve just updated to Homey v5.0. The Elko 1.0.2 app seems to work partly, except that I keep getting timeouts on every command. Seems like the Elkoā€™s donā€™t respond to Homey. Does anyone else experience this? Any tips @prj_84 ?

This has been an ongoing issue for the older Elko dimmers, not related to 5.0 upgrade. Normal use it does not affect me, only when trying to send many commands in a short period.

Yes, I know @Marcus_Karlsson, but it seems to have become much worse with v5. I had very few issues with v4, but if I now try to turn on several lights in succession the last ones wonā€™t turn on. I thought the new Zigbee engine would improve things.

@printzell
OK, did not know that. Only have one dimmer this far, I was waiting to be on the safe side that when I buy the next one it will have the updated zigbee chip. It would be interesting to hear from someone with the latest hardware how it works.

I donā€™t have to old dimmer any more. So can not test. But there should be possible to write a legacy driver for the old dimmers. I will have a look into this when I have time. Should remove this issue.

Thanks a lot for your great work on this @prj_84. To @printzellā€™s post: I have 10 of the old dimmers, and with 5.0 and the updated app they all now work so much better in my setup. Where I previously was not able to send command to multiple dimmers at the same time, I can now turn off all of them at the same time. I have not had any issues since I updated to the stable 5.0 release.

I have one request though: Would it be possible to add functionality to turn the thermostats completely off? I can now only change the temperature, but that only goes down to 5 degrees. My use case is that I am using an Elko thermostat to control snow melting in the driveway. The thermostat is mounted in the garage, and if the temperature in the garage is below 5 degrees, I have no way to turn off the snow melting.