Homey Community Forum

Email sender app not sending mail?

I have installed and configured the Email Sender app. When testing the configuration (on the apps configuration screen), it gives a succes message and I can see the message coming in at my synology mail.
When setting up a flow, even a simple one, it does nothing. The action seems to keep running (rotating disc), nor do I see a message in the SMTP logs of the Synology.
Is there a way to troubleshoot further?

and when you just send a email to your self?

A simple flow that only sends an e-mail also does not work.

Then check your settings again, the app works over here. Wich mail adress you using? Gmail maybe?

When I test the configuration, it works. Only not in a flow. I am using the SMTP server on my Synology NAS. But the message is never even queued on the NAS. Strange.

Try restarting the app on your Homey after saving the settings. There seems to be a bug in it which I haven’t been able to track down yet.

1 Like

Yep, that did the trick, thanks!

Ik kon een test mail versturen maar in een flow werkte het niet. Nu de app opnieuw opgestart en bij test krijg ik nu de volgende foutmelding.
“Error: Error: 1995815920:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol:…/deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/s23_clnt.c:827:\n”

Plz keep the conversation in English!