EMail: Trigger flows based on incoming emails

Hello Peter,
Finally it’s stable! thx for your patient.

The solution is to work with my gmail account, before I was testing with my Telenet provider / account, and that dind’t always work.

1 Like

For me, the app needs to be restarted every day for it to work. Am I the only one?

Same here

I made a flow, every 8 hours restart app

Hi! New on Homey, How did you made a flow to restart the mail app? Cant find it where to choose restart.

Got it to work with one mailadress. change to a new (same one-account but a new mail, and when tested it works) but now i don´t get my test mails and flows to work. Anyone have any ideas. Tested to restart, reinstalled, made new flows. nothing.

…More>Settings>Experiments Enable “Power User”
Now you can add a flow action card via “System” > “Restart App” and then pick an app.

Thanks! Now i just need to understand why is started to not work. :slight_smile:

Is it not possible anymore as Google no longer supports less secure apps ??

It should work with Gmail when you sign in with app passwords: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/18

1 Like

Hi,

I can not get the app to work. The problem is that the flow does not start/detect incomming mail. The rest works…

What could be wrong when it does not detect the incomming email?

Are your settings correct in the email app?
Does ‘Test connection’ work in the email app?

And / also, first try without the logics conditional card. OR add a timeline card to the yellow nipple (= false; blue nipple = true) to see if the condition is not met

Yes- It workes - no error

I have tried this. But it does not fire and i get no push notification eigther.

The email tracing says that the message was delivered to the recipiant…

Ah, you use Gmail. I think this is related, Kim:

Also, have you tried temporary using any other mail account, just to spot any difference in behaviour?

I have made an application password wjen i set it up the first time… sadly it still does not work. But thank you for your suggestions and time :blush:

1 Like

Hey does anyone know a good working email provider? Without 2 factor authentication.

Hi all
Just installed Homey Pro 2023 and wanting to replace my old HomeSeer

In HomeSeer I receive mails from my alarm system to update status etc.

In Homey I installed the Email App to get the same functionality.
Sadly I cannot get it to work.

I tried gmail and iCloud mails - but keeps getting “timeout” during the test connection button.
App password generated for gmail and iCloud, but no change

So I made a new outlook mail and changed the setup - everything ok, and test connection returns OK.
But no mails received - I made a simple flow to write a timeline message when mail is received.

I also installed email sender app - used the same new outlook mail - that works fine.

So I am looking for some help to get the Email app to work?

I have restarted the app several times - still no luck…

Hoping for some help, please….