This topic is created to help show what flows need to be changed on Homey after April 1st 2021.
- Opening post shows the communication from Athom (email)
- 1st Reply will mention the Flow Cards that still work and Cards that will stop working and will be removed in a future Firmware update
- 2nd Reply I will show a Homey script to analyze your Flows so you can fix affected flows.
Please keep it on-topic, about fixing the flows and not about the Athom’s decision .
On April 1st the cloud servers for Homey’s speech recognition will be turned off.
Six years ago we started with the vision of a voice controlled smart home. While our vision was right, our team’s size and resources weren’t — quite honest, we underestimated that challenge big time.
Other players such as Amazon, Google and Apple have created great voice assistant, but are far from Homey’s smart home functionalities.
Three years ago we shared our take on Homey’s future regarding speech.
Two years ago we launched Homey (Early 2019) and Homey Pro (Early 2019) , both without microphones.
On April 1st, we will permanently turn off our speech processing servers.
Why we do this
Supporting and maintaining old systems takes precious time from our developers, we’d rather invest time in a better Homey experience. What will stop working after April 1st?
- After saying “OK Homey”, Homey will respond that it cannot reach our servers.
- Chat in the Homey app won’t be available anymore.
- The Facebook Messenger integration will stop working.
- The Alexa skill ‘Homey Voice’ ( “Alexa, ask Homey to …” ) will stop working.
- The Google Assistant Voice integration ( “OK Google, ask Homey to …” ) will stop working.
Please note that: