[APP][Pro] Enigma2 DVB Boxes Support

thank you markus, i will try your approach in the next days and hopefully get my 1st WAF:wink:

@carp3-noctem Hi,

I updated homey to the latest software and the app crashed, bevor i updated the software it works like a charme, can you please look into this. Thanks

I did a check, for me it is still running with the latest firmware (i’m currently on 2.2.0 rc6 so its beta channel).
If you have send out the Crash Report with the comment, there is nothing unspecific. I only was able to see, thet the Box was not reachable and the command used killed the app. Will take a look into that behaviour, when i have time.

But can you please resafe the IP of your box and try it again? If it is still crashing, send out a Report and may i ask you to put your nickname into it so i’m sure, that it is from you!

Had a Crash Report send to me that complains about not saved Values, please check via leave and reload the Site. If there is still the address you add, everything is fine and it should work. There is no Confirmation or anything. If you hit save the Values are stored in Homey.

Hi @carp3-noctem,

Thanks, no crashes more, big thanks. Are you working on more tags maybe?

@Tolga
Yes, it is still planned. Currently the time is not available, due to my daytime job. But as soon as I find time I continue development.

Great!

@Joe_Mentges Did you send over the Crash report?

If so, could you please check, if the IP Address you entered is the correct one? If so there should not be annother crash. The App required to use the IP Adress from the Configuration side, else she is stopped working with the emtpy error log you send over. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

If you have further Information what exactly was done before the crash of the app, i would be happy to hear.

1 Like

@carp3-noctem Hi,

Dont know, the app crashed since few days, is it possible when homey sends commands and enigma devices is off, the app crashed?

@Tolga can be that this happens. Need to investigate it.
I know that a crash can happen if no ip- address was configured by a user. If this happens when the box has no power, than that is clearly a coding issue. Will investigate it.

Thanks

I have found, why the app was crashing and corrected it.

Therefor i published a new Beta Version, please check if this still happens @Tolga. If not, i will push the app as stable.
The rest of the Updates are not yet ready, it takes longer then expected.

Also please restart the App, after a new Config was set, the Cofing will not be loaded automatically, i’m still investigating why as it was working previously. If the app now uses a wrong (or empty) config, there is no Feedback actually!

@carp3-noctem Hi,

Markus I’m in a Holiday , i come in two weeks back. But BIG THANKS for your support.

Thanks

Hi @carp3-noctem,

I installed the beta version and tested since three days and get no errors :+1:. You can push the app to stable.

Hi,
ich habe 3 Vuplus Receiver, 1x Vuplus Solo2 2 x SE
Kann ich alle drei steuern? Sie haben selbstverständlich 3
verschiedene IP Adressen.
Danke
Viele Grüße
Joe

1 Like

With the actual version, this is not going to work. I still doesn’t find the time to complete the new driver.

Hi,
I was suprised seeing Enigma2 is supported on Homey, great initiative ! :wink:
However, is there some way or are even username/password protected configurations supported ?

@Sharkys I don’t have it implemented. I wish I had more free time to put into the further development. Actually I also would like to rewrite the code to support the boxes as devices, but also for that I didn’t had the time yet.

2 Likes

I think as interim solution, only few parameters would need to be provided, so for you it could be 10min job maybe? :slight_smile:

eg. in Perl I’m using :
curl -s --digest -u BOXUSER:BOXPASS http://BOXIP/web…

Isn’t there some simple alternative for Homey as well?

I will be hoping that one day, maybe …

I need to check. currently I just call the http address, without any login info. Didn’t find anything how to call with a user am and pass, but I also didn’t searched specialty for it

1 Like