Environexus Nero-Relays

Hey boys and girls,

My house is littered with these little relay boxes to control pretty much every light and window dressing (about 50 in total), from when it was built.

I’ve de-coupled them from the Honeywell controller and paired a couple with Homey to test them, but they’re only detected as an unknown Z-Wave device. This is fine for turning them on or off, but they also support dimming and I’d like to try my luck to get this working too.

I’ve searched the forum and looked for an app from the manufacturer but drew a blank. I’ve also emailed the vendor, but whilst I wait for them to get back to me, has anyone had any experience with getting them working?

Nero%20Relay

Just a quick update. I’ve had some success with the Aeotec Nano Dimmer switch, but it’s not perfect.

It pairs OK, turns on and off, but doesn’t actually dim the light :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

48%20AM

@HighwaymanEd Environexus are a brand sold in Australia - all of their Z-Wave devices are simply re-branded (OEM) devices from other Z-Wave manufacturers. So the trick here is to find out which device they have re-branded - and then (hopefully) find the appropriate Homey App for the manufacturer.

I believe that in the past, Environexus have used both Aeotec and Qubino modules - Interestingly though, I do not recognise the form-factor of the device you have posted a picture of (although it could be the Qubino Flush Dimmer - I would try Qubino App - also, I note that you have posted a picture of a relay which is on/off only, however I will assume you have a dimmer version) - so it makes it a little difficult to match (for me anyway)! So we need to find another way identify the module…

We get some clues from the Manufacturer & Product IDs - usually we can search the Z-Wave Alliance Certified product list to find the product - Unfortunately I do not believe we can search by Manufacturer or Product ID (I could be wrong) so it would me a matter of hunting around until you hopefully find a match.

I hope this helps :slight_smile: