[App][Pro] ESP Easy (Firmware for ESP32, NodeMCU, Wemos...)

I see this message only. it seems a bit like a network error but not sure why it wants to resolve a name while i am using an ipaddress

address is this and accessing it gives a ‘true’ message

https://192-168-121-5.homey.homeylocal.com/api/manager/system/ping?id=5efd

[EDIT] the url seems to work only if the pairing is in progress

Any plan on supporting the HX711 load cell sensor?

sorry for the delay, i thought the issue would be with the Wemos board i used.
I had an hourglass endless looping while pairing
Seeing the error now i think it will be clear, the board has no anonymous access so that is what i need to change, so I will test this.

Should that not be the issue I am curious what else can be done. Still also wondering if someone has this running with the latest firmwares of Espeasy or not.

Also with no security on the Espeasy board the pairing keeps waiting.

tried EspEasy firmware mega-20190225 and v2.0.0-dev13 so will try some more to see if that makes any difference.

I can work with that :slight_smile: Issue is easy to fix but I’ll have to find out where I left development last time (has been a while :sweat_smile:) and release a new version. I won’t have time this week, at the earliest, it will be late next week.

As a workaround, you can simply configure a static IP on the ESP (you can change it back later)

Ok, I configured a static IP on the Esp but it keeps an hourglass. I only see other VM numbers

I will just wait until you would have time to give more hints :slight_smile:
Meanwhile I will see to test more firmware’s to see if that makes any difference.

thanks for responding so far.

I see that property should always be set, something else is going wrong apparently.

Can you have the ‘network’ tab of the developer console open while clicking ‘next’ on the pairing screen? I’m interrested in one of the ‘emit’ requests. For me, it looks like this:

I’ve got a feeling you get some kind of error message I’m not handling well.

I see ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED and it connects to the IP address of my Homey Pro (which is on version 4 by the way).

I do not get the emit request, it looks like it won’t get to that part and keeps searching a name or address.

i do see this:

https://192-168-xxx-5.homey.homeylocal.com/api/manager/system/ping?id=5acd91a42277b4744d5aabbb

which does not work, but this url does:

http://192.168.xxx.5/api/manager/system/ping?id=5acd91a42277b4744d5aabbb

so changed the dashes to dots, changed https to http and removed homey.homey.local.com with the URL from above and I get a true as value returned in a browser.

I let the pairing be but it never stops it seems. there is no timeout set that it stops after a certain time.

That websocket issue was/is a problem with Athom’s backend. It was temporarily solved last night but it looks like they’re back again (8AM).

i see, it seemed to work for a small moment but then again not anymore so i will try later again and post some findings.

thanks for the update

This is the result i keep getting. this test was with the Espeasy within the same subnet as another Espeasy i first tried.

That is some weird behaviour. Maybe something crashes on the Homey, although I’m not getting any crash reports. Can you try again and send me a Diagnostics report from the app settings page? I don’t get that many so you don’t really need to send me the report id if it’s a bother.

1 Like

Hello, i did not see your latest message. it stays the same, Initiator is now VM20:1 but the error is the same; Cannot read property ‘staticIP’ of undefined at Function. (:78:14) at i.onMessage (homey.js:1).

i send a diagnostic report (0023a9ef-1ec8-4607-82a2-fff24c58e38b) through the app right away. sorry for the delay

I see that your Homey correctly receives messages for you watermeter from a unit called ‘undefined’ on ip …201.170 and Homey tries to reach a unit on …121.143 but that times out.

One thing I can think of to explain what I see is that;

• you only have one ESP unit
  • you’re using multiple subnets in your network with some NAT set-up between
  • your Homey and the ESP unit are on a different subnet from each other

It looks like your ESP unit is not advertising an IP address with which Homey can connect on port 80. Can you describe your set-up?

yes, that is correct. because of that i also tried an espeasy in the same subnet but that gives the same, so i am now looking at the firewall to see if that is the issue. i already allowed the devices all traffic so it seems there is something else that needs to be allowed.

if i add a Pulse counter it finds my Watermeter (by name) but then also fails, if i add the Esp Easy Unit (number 1) then it shows undefined.

i did see a 52.x.x.165 remote address in the debugging address, i am starting to think it should be a connection outside then.

i will search some more but do not see any blockings and would think that my homey and espeasy in the same ip subnet should not have difficulties.

both espeasy are with a static ip, one (watermeter2) is on the same subnet, the former one (Watermeter) is on another subnet. because of that i tried a second Wemos board to rule out any routing/natting issues.

i do have a password on the espeasy so will see to remove that again. it looks like anonymous is the key word perhaps (VM193:78 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘staticIP’ of undefined).

Client IP block level:Allow All (changed since today)
Protocol: Generic HTTP (port 80)
Controller User: empty/default
Controller Password: empty/default
Controller Subscribe: <empty/default
Controller Publish:api/app/nl.joolee.homey.espeasy/?i=%ip%&m=%mac%&t=%tskname%&x=%id%&k=%valname%&v=%value%

the pairing keeps showing a heartbeat with now another Remote Address so perhaps it needs something from athome which could be blocked or something.

The ‘anonymous’ you see in the error message is just some JavaScript internal mechanic, nothing about this actual problem. You won’t find the answer there.

Homey tries to access http://192.168.201.170/json and fails on processing the result. As I don’t put the result in the log, I don’t know exactly what’s failing. Could you send me the contents of that page in a private message?

And could you also send me the expanded objects in the “units” array from your screenshot? I’m curious what the content is.

i send you a message, thanks for troubleshooting

Hello, Thanks for Joolee i did try another newer firmware which seems to fix the issues

adding only a pulse meter is working now :slight_smile:

not working firmware: ESP_Easy_mega-20190225_normal_ESP8266_4M
working firmware: ESP_Easy_mega_20210114_normal_ESP8266_4M1M

A previous 2020 firmware was not stable on the wifi but this 2021 version seems to be reasonable stable

Hello,

Thank you for you great app, so far it’s really easy to add all my ESP’s to homey.
However i have one problem, i have one unit that is measuring LUX values, and i cant import this into home, on the same unit i have a DHT sensor and those values are visible in homey.

Can somebody explain me how to import the lux value.

thank you

Is your LUX value an analog value?

No it’s a I2C sensor, think its BH1750