ESPHome

Hi,
I was slowly leaning towards Home Assistant as homey was lacking some things (like good zigbee) I find both systems have their pro’s and cons which makes me having 2 home automation devices right now :rofl:
Now with homey 5.0 I would like to do more with homey. The one thing I am really missing (I miss more, but this one is important) right now is ESPHome. I have a couple of sensors (temperature, humidity, light and motion) around my house running on ESPHome. In HA it is a breeze to integrate them and they are running real smooth. I am really happy with them.
Sadly there is no app for ESPHome right now. Is there a reason for this (besides me not making one…)?
@pavlo has made the Tasmota app and working really hard on it to integrate sensors. Could this be a replacement for my ESPHome sensors. I have some DHT 11 and 22, TEMT6000 light sensor and AM312 mini pir. I don’t mind switching to Tasmota if it works.

greetings,
Aaron

You could contact the developer of the ESPeasy App to implement The ESPhome devices.

Is it that “easy” then? Are they not 2 different things?

It’s all ESP , when you ask him, you know. It would make his App more universal.

That is true. I heard about ESPeasy but never looked into it. I will ask him what the possibilities are. thanks

1 Like

Just like a lot of Sonoff and Tuya devices :stuck_out_tongue:

The software and supported protocols are quite different, though (Tasmota is another firmware that runs on ESP’s).

Here is a ESPhome app