Homey Community Forum

Eurotronic Technology App (Stable: v2.0.6)

z-wave
app

I have 8 spirits they are setup with Secure RT321 Thermostats per room.

I just picked up 8 Secure/Horstmann/IQE RT321 Thermostats off eBay at approx £20 each

I am using the Heating Scheduler to drive them right now.

Having to use a non Homey zwave Controller to control the Secure SR302 Heating/hot water right now until the bug in the Secure/Horstmann app is fixed :-(. Only thing stopping running everything on Homey.

Nope, but I didn’t give it a try aswell. After some research I decided to go for a solution that would provide multi zone heating in an autonomous system. Stability is one of my requirements so I went for Evohome. There is an Homey app for it so you can extend some functionality that Evohome laks. The radiator knobs can be purchased for around €60,- in Germany and on eBay.

I have problems with sending the actual temperature to the spirit.
I have activated the external room temperature (advanced settings) and send the temperature from a wall thermostat with a flow to the heating thermostat (spirit). This does not work really well. There are always changes in temperature.
Above: Temperature profile Spirit Thermostat

Bottom: Temperature profile wall thermostat.

The two temperature graphs should look the same?

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

if you enabled external temperature, then the value shown is that what you send to the thermostatic, not even what the device measures anymore.
So it can only be 1 of the 50 different possibilities, as i’m still not a mind reader it is only a guessing game now.

but most likely it is either a 2nd flow that also sends temperature, or you did something else of 1 of the 49 other possibilities wrong.

Hint: Give more information! app version, homey version, did you check any flows, did you check if any other device sends temperature to the spirit, what have you all tried to find what could cause this.

• homey v2.1.2
  • Eurotronic App v2.0.6
  • There is only one flow that send the current temperature to the Spirit Thermostat.

The temperature profile of the spirits looks like as if the internal temperature is detected from time to time and then again the external one.

I would also rather work with associations than with flows.

Unfortunately, I can not put any associations with Devolo room thermostats, as there is no input option in the settings ?!

there should be at least 1 association group, every z-wave device needs an association group or it is not a valid z-wave device and will never work with any z-wave device or controller. (It might be an german language bug, and you should definitely contact Athom about it)

But i’ve never received any measure temperature from the device as soon as it turned on the external room temperature, so it is kinda weird that it happens for you.
I’ll see if i can catch that in any way :thinking: not sure when i have time for it though.

Each of my Z-Wave devices has at least one association group except Devolo Heating and Wall Thermostats.

I will report the error to Athom.

THX :grinning:

A question about the valves, but not App related.

Does it wear out the battery if you change the setpoint?

In my case I leave the valves ‘active’ during the summer: they follow the heating schedule of winter, but the central heating does not pump warm water thru the valves.

Would ‘hibernating’ the valves - in my case 4 Spirits - save battery?

Thanks!

Ofcourse, it needs to wake up more to receive the setpoint, and send out a signal back that it received that signal

Thanks Caseda!

I forgot about the sending part… I will edit my flows to avoid this in ‘non heating’ season.

Which is coming :blush: