[App] Eurotronic Technology App (Stable: v3.0.1)

Eurotronic Technology Z-wave app

This app adds support for Z-Wave devices made by Eurotronic.
Eurotronic Logo

Links:

Athom app-store
Test Athom app-store
Github repository

Supported devices:

Eurotronic Stella

stella-zwave
A Z-wave based thermostatic.
To be able to control them, it will have to wake up every time you send a command.
This will happen automatically every 1 hour (changeable) or you can activate it manually.

Capabilities:

• Read battery level
  • Read measured temperature
  • Set & Read target temperature
  • Set economic temperature*
  • Set & Read working modes
  • Manual valve position**

*= These are only configurable with flow cards.
**= These are only configurable with flow cards in Homey v1, v2 it will have it’s own screen.

Eurotronic Comet

comet-zwave
A Z-wave based thermostatic.
To be able to control them, it will have to wake up every time you send a command.
This will happen automatically every 1 hour (changeable) or you can activate it manually.

Capabilities:

• Read battery level
  • Set economic temperature*
  • Manual valve position**

*= These are only configurable with flow cards.
**= These are only configurable with flow cards in Homey v1, v2 it will have it’s own screen.

Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave

spirit-zwave
A Z-wave based thermostatic with FLiRS, making it respond instantly to your commands.

Capabilities:

• Read battery level
  • Set economic temperature
  • Manual valve position
  • Set child protection*
  • Set external room temperature**

*= You have the option to lock it fully, or set it unlockable, you can unlock by holding the + and - buttons.
**= You will need to activate this behaviour in the device’s (advanced) settings.

Eurotronic Air Quality Sensor

air-quality
A Z-wave based air quality sensor that measures VOC and CO2 levels besides the room temperature, humidity and dew-point.

Capabilities:

• Read VOC level (ppb)
  • Read CO2 level (ppm)
  • Read (room) temperature
  • Read humidity
  • Read dew-point

Eurotronic Temperature/Humidity Sensor

temperature-humidity
A Z-wave based temperature and humidity sensor.

Capabilities:

• Read (room) temperature
  • Read humidity
  • Read dew-point

Eurotronic Door/Window Sensor

door-window
A Z-wave based door window sensor, that doesn’t use a Magnet! but an IR (infrared) distance sensor.

Capabilities:

• Contact sensor

Supported Languages:

• English
  • Dutch (Nederlands)
  • Deutsche (German)

Any requests or questions you can contact me in this topic, on this Forum or on Slack
If possible, please report issues on Github.

Upcoming:

None Currently

Changelog:

v3.0.1:

• Add support Door/Window Sensor
  • Rewrite to SDKv3
  • Adjusting behaviour of Spirit thermostat according Athom’s rules
  • Homey Bridge Support

v2.3.4:

• Add support Air Quality Sensor
  • Add support Temperature/Humidity Sensor
  • Add “Deutsche (German)” translation

v2.2.0:

• Official app transfer to Eurotronic Technology GmbH
  • Fix Protection status not synchronizing of the Spirit valve
  • Add support for the Aeotec Limited boxed Spirit valve
  • Update Meshdriver to 1.3.24

v2.1.0:

• Add battery types for Homey v3’s Energy

v2.0.7:

• [Spirit] Fix device’s measured temperature overwriting the external temperature sensor (when used).
  • Update meshdriver to v1.3.3

v2.0.6:
[Comet] Fix crash

v2.0.5:
[Stella] Fix crash
[Spirit] (Re)Set measured temperature on change of external temperature setting
Add insights for the manual value

v2.0.4:
Fix the wrong device (last included) being the device always controlled from flows

v2.0.3:
Spirit: Fix not being able to send the room temperature
Added a setting for the Economic temperature
Increased stability for flows

v2.0.2:
Fix rounding errors manual control
Rewritten internal functions making the app more stable (in particular with multiple devices)

v2.0.1:
Fix spirit external temperature setting not set-able
Fix set eco temperature flow card
Update Meshdriver

v2.0.0:
Complete Re-write to SDKv2, making it fully ready for Homey v2.
Update mesh-driver to v1.2.28

v1.2.1:
Spirit: Fix default temperature reporting, normal default is too high.
Spirit: Fix a few text errors.
Spirit: Added id’s for (future) firmware updates of the spirit.

2 Likes

Hi @Caseda

I installed the latest beta:

It doesn’t work for me:

All flows are timed out.

Homey Firmware Versie: 1.5.13
No PTP, but I did restart the App.

a timeout is not an app issue but is homey just saying it can’t reach the device.

Oke. Thanks for clearing that!
I went back to stable and that times out too … :frowning:

Tomorrow I will PTP and test again.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am having a weird issue and I am not sure where it is resulting from.

I am using an Aeotec Multisensor to measure the room temperature. I have an open kitchen / living room with 2 radiators which have each a Spirit installed. Even when I send the room temp to the Spirits it doesn’t seem like making any impact and they don’t react at all.

A room temperature is send to those devices but it doesn’t seem to reflect in the readings, at all. Am I misunderstanding how it is supposed to work or is it a bug?

@Xtasy this is not the topic for an app related question where an forum topic is about.
i’ve moved it to that topic.

but to answer your question quickly,.
Did you read what is written in the setting of “external temperature sensor”.
It will disable the device’s measurement and will only react to that value you send in a flow, the rest is taken care of in the module.
the measured temperature will not change as it still is its measured temperature, the target temperature will stay a target temperature, the only thing it does is close the valve completely.
if it doesn’t react to homey like setting the target temperature the distance is most likely too big.

Thank you!

I wasn’t sure where it belongs as I am running 2.0 RC9 so I thought there might be a bug where the temperature isn’t properly send to the device.

Okay makes sense that the measured temperature on the Spirits doesn’t change but why does the ’ Heating towards’ not change according to the flow? Do I need to add another flow?

Send room temperature to device and then a secondary card setting the desired temperature?

Did you read my last sentence?

’ if it doesn’t react to homey like setting the target temperature the distance is most likely too big. ’

Homey and the 2 Spirits are in the same room, maybe 5 meter away from homey

still, try putting homey closer and see if the target temperature changes then

1 Like

Okay, will do that as soon as I get home. It’s weird though because if I set the target temperature manually over the app all of the Spirits receive it.

I am coming from a different system so I guess I am just a little bit confused by the function. I do understand that it uses an external value. Do I need to to tell the item where it has to take the value from or does it use the temperature available from the device that is in the same room, in this case an aetoec 6 in 1 sensor.

When it sends the room temperature, it just tells the sensor what the temp is at that given moment so I am missing a card what the temp is should heat to. Does it constantly crosscheck said temp?

Thanks for helping me!

There are 2 ways to send an external temperature, if it is a z-wave device (like the aeotec sensor) you can connect it with direct associations in the settings.

but you can use any temperature if you send it with the send room temperature card.
you don’t have to do anything else.

the beta app (now in the wait of being accepted by athom) will make it more clear in homey v2.

maybe it is also too many commands in 1 sitting for the devices to handle because of FLiRS, try sending commands with a delay

1 Like

As Z-Wave genius , would you recommend just using direct associations to connect the aeotec to the 2 sensors and then send the required heating temperature to each device with a 10 second delay between each

i definitely suggest if you want to use an external sensor and if you can direct associate, to use the direct association, it is just less prone to small errors that can happen it is still wireless traffic.

Thanks for taking your time on Christmas to help out! I will read a little bit about associations and how they work :slight_smile:

The app v2.0 has now been published as beta in the app store.
The change is big, the change log isn’t:

• rewrite to SDKv2
  • update meshdriver

The update does come with some improved stability, and supports homey v2 fully.

But as it is such a big rewrite and have done lots of testing (several weeks) I didn’t want to put it into stable immediately.
Feel free to test it so we can promote it to stable for everyone to enjoy the increased stability.

If you have any issues please put them on github, the forum is too hectic for it.
Feature request/other improvements can always be discussed either in pm or here in the topic.

2 Likes

Thank you!

After having read about direct associations, there seems to be a problem.

Aeotec Multi Sensor : ID 5
2x Spirit : ID 2 and ID 3

When doing the association 1,5,2,3 and save I get the error message :
Settings could not be saved (_is not defined: _is not defined)

You don’t have to add the 5 (id of the device itself), or it will send information to itself, but haven’t seen that error before with saving z-wave devices’ settings, hopefully it has to do with the id of the device itself in their, and just an error in the error display.

Same Problem. I am on RC9 and using the 2 latest beta for the aetoc and spirits