Homey Community Forum

Existing App Update Suggestion - Sony Multiroom Speakers

Hi,

There is an app for the Sony Multiroom speakers, like SRS ZR5, ZR7 and HT-N5. I really liked this app, but unfortunately the app does not work with Homey 2.0. I removed the app and hoped re-installing would fix it. However, the app doesn’t even install anymore on 2.0.

I tried to contact the developer in many ways but never got a response back. So after a few months of waiting, I was hoping someone else can update this to 2.0. I am very willing to alpha/beta test to help out!

This is the app https://apps.athom.com/app/nl.casperboone.sony-srs-multiroom-speakers

Note: I own the Sony SRS Z7 (speaker) and HT-N5 (soundbar) (they both worked flawlessly) and can test with either.

@Casper :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

1 Like

The code has already been updated for v2 and is available at https://github.com/casperboone/homey-sony-srs-multiroom-speakers. However, I’m not sure why didn’t publish it in the app store 4 months ago after the last change. So will have to test that again, which I’ll try to do soon :).

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response Casper, really appreciate it! Is it possible for me to test/install that code on github through CLI?

Yes of course! Go ahead and let me know :slight_smile:

@Casper So I’ve just tested everything. The app installs fine and can find and add all three of my speakers, which is great news! I can use the volume and mute controls through Homey as well, also great! The main issue I’m having however is setting it up in Flows. I used the app for Flows before in conjunction with IFTTT and NumCatch. This way I could say to Google Home “set tv volume to #” in which IFTTT would start the Flow with NumCatch in it. That would then pass along the number in a Flow for the Sony app to change the volume. This worked flawlessy before.

Currently this does not work unfortunately. I have tested the Flow with other devices to make sure the Flow is set up correctly. Everything works there. I think the issue is now how the app controls the speakers. It uses a percentage now instead of direct numbers. Before I could input “volume 18” and the soundbar would set the volume to 18. Now I have to use a percentage, which for some reason will result in a volume exactly the halve of the value. I think because max volume is 50 (this is the same case with controlling the Volume of the Chromecast function using Google Assistant). If set it at 20%, the volume will be set at 10. But there is no way to use a “number” tag, it will not change the volume. This is the main issue I’m having (which worked before).

I hope the issue is clear because it’s kinda hard te explain cause of the Flows I use.