[APP][Pro] Archive Insights - export all your Insights data to a NAS, FTP or web folder

Ah, now I get it. I was a little confused by the naming, since in Windows networking “Domain” mostly refers to work environments, not the common Workgroups. Everything seems to work fine. Now I just need to setup visualization for all that sweet data. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi @OttoWerse, judging from your 2 star review on the appstore my app is not meeting your expectations. Can you share more of your experience ? What could be improved in your opinion?

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry, I must’ve submitted that rating by accident. I’ll change it ASAP!

But speaking of suggestions, it might be better to use some more descriptive texts inside the setup window. For example, the domain field could say something like “The Domain or Working Group of your device”. I’d also change the Network share demo text to something like “network device name/shared folder name”. Or just add some more detailed setup example to the app page, that would probably be enough. I personally found it a little hard to get set up, without consulting the forum (as evidenced by my post in this thread) But maybe it’s just me, coming from and using Windows Servers for my Networking.

My only real “problem” with the actual app, after the one-time setup, is that there is no customization of what data is exported. I know you can choose data by apps etc. but I’d like an option to set up a specific dataset, which you could specify via the settings of the app.
It would be nice to be able to choose specific data for each sensor, since most sensors report more that one value. For example, I don’t really need a backup of all my sensors battery-alarm data. This could also save a lot of processing time for zipping up all the data.
I don’t know how difficult it would be to implement this, but a simple list of all currently installed sensors would be great, so one could customize the export for each one of them individually, or maybe just for a class of sensor (e.g. Hue Motion Sensor)
In the end you could just add the customized dataset as another flow card “export custom dataset” with the same ability to set a time as the export all card.

Of course this filtering could be done server side on the NAS, but I think it’s more about zipping times, not so much storage space on the NAS. I also am not sure if this would require additional resources on the “client” side (homey) as I don’t know if searching for specific graphs/data inside insights is CPU intensive or anything.

1 Like

Cool! Thx 4 the feedback. Ill see what I can include in my next update.

which SMB versions are supported. My NAS only supports SMB 1 and I have problems setting up the SMB export. I get message:

Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND [Share] [Share]:445

The first part of the share name (before the first /) is included in the error message two times [share].

Hi Tomas, the app supports smb v2.

You can try sharing a windows folder, and try to connect to that. Or maybe your NAS supports webdav (my qnap does), is that an option for you?

Thank you for your quick responce. Realised after some further investigation that its time to get a new NAS.

:joy:

Would anyone be interested if I add (S)FTP as export location? Please let me know if I should spend time on developing this.

New version 2.4.0 is pending approval in the appstore.

Besides some package/security updates, there are 2 major new functions:

• FTP is now added as possible export location next to SMB(NAS) and WebDAV.
  • Auto-purge of old export files is now possible for FTP and SMB.

Auto-purge means you can make a flow (e.g. every day at midnight) to delete all files that are more then X days old.

BE CAREFUL WHEN USING THE AUTO PURGE

(it will delete files and folders in your archive folder :slight_smile: )

I cannot save the SMB/NAS settings. Testing works but it does not save, it did put the testing file on the right spot. I run latest beta atm of homey.
I hit the button for saving multiple times and sometimes it looks it did save. But it exports nothing. When i go back to the settings, its all gone. Even after leaving the page for a second and go back, its back to default.

Any suggestions?

https://developer.athom.com/tools/app-settings

Does it work when you set it up using a PC?

If not, please create an issue on github @Edgar

Thnx for reply, no, even that doesnt work. Testing works, but saving doesnt work

Met vriendelijke groet,

Edgar de Groot

Same problem here: both in Android app as on PC settings do not save. When I click “test the SMB settings” returns “OK…”, however when I click “save” nothing appears to happen. If I then go to another tab and return to the NAS tab the settings are still there but “Use SMB when exporting” is disabled. When I leave “Archive Insights” settings and return everything is gone. The “insights2csv.txt” is created on the NAS.

I made an issue on Github: https://github.com/gruijter/com.gruijter.insights2csv/issues/4

Save settings bug is fixed in v2.4.1 :slight_smile:

Packages update. athom-api@2.1.194. basic-ftp@3.8.0. Fix for save SMB settings.

Maybe not really topic-related… but does anyone have or use (and willing to share :-)) a script to load all insights in an Excell file for graphs etc?

1 Like

Hello,
I have a simple question.
When i try to save the insights in a subdir that does not work.
Only the main directory is accepted.
I use //ip address/diskname and this works
When i add a /subdir than i got a network error…
Is this correct??

What service are you using? Ftp, webdav or smb? And what is the full folder name you are trying to use ?

Hallo Robin,

I first tried only NAS (SMB)

There i found that i only have access to te root dir of my share. Not to the subdirs.

The user has admin rights so that is not the problem.

The full path is //ip address/Drivename/subdir name

When using that i got an error that he can not find the share.

I then switched to FTP. That is allowing subdirs.

But when executing a flow, nothing is going to the dir…

Then i used both (NAS and FTP)

Then the FTP is working en storing it in the subdir i wanted.

The NAS is stil only storing it in the root…

Henk