Fibaro beta app; Double Smart Module with IN/Q as dry contacts

Hi,
I have included three x FGS 224 Double smart modules via the Beta version of the Fibaro App. I use them to control solenoid valves. I have powered the modules with 230V on the L and N connection points. I have connected 24VAC to the IN, Q1 and Q2. For some reason the relays do not switch the IN to the Q1 and Q2. I have checked that both the transformer and solenoid valves work. If I connect the IN and the Q1/Q2 with a wire, they work as well. I have the issue on all three new modules.
I already use an earlier installed solenoid valve that is connected in the exact same way an the older version of the Fibaro double relay. Am I overlooking additional settings or could this be a software issue?

Can you hear the relays when you control them via Homey?
Are they controllable via S1 and S2 inputs?

In your case there is no connection between L and IN .
https://manuals.fibaro.com/document-category/fgs4/#14980

They do not make the usual clic sounds. I did not try S1 and S2 because I do not intend to wire physical switches. Indeed, no connection between L and IN. That would blow the solenoids as they are low-voltage.

Hi,
Now I cannot switch them on/off anymore for some reason. When trying, I get the error message “Missing Capability Listener: onoff”. That would be first thing to tackle now. Any idea? Strangely enough I can change and save the parameters, so I still have connection. I should inform you that Fibaro is also looking into this issue. Apologies I forgot to mention earlier. Not sure whether if this is a “device” or “app” issue. Fibaro suggested me to try to set the 162/163 parameters.
I tried to set parameter 162/163 to “1” (Normally Closed) and then I hear the solenoids are switched on. I just need them to be Normally open, which is the default. I cannot test that now I get the error message. Else I would try to set parameters 162/163 to “0” (Normally open), seeing if that would work instead of relying on the default setting do that.
The older double relay I use in a similar situation has no changed parameter settings, all default.

1 Like

Hello, I’m trying to use Fibaro double smart module to switch my garage door. I would like to use IN/Q1 as a momentary switch to send the impulsion to garage door module. I succeed to appair the module, but nothing happen when I try to operate. (I have connecter a multimeter to check contact between IN and Q1). Is there some parameters to change in the app ? What is raw configuration in Parameters and how use it ? Thanks

Also, I tried to set parameter 162/163 to “1” (Normally Closed) and then I hear the solenoids are switched on. But still impossible to operate it with Homey

I experienced the same issue with the Fibaro FGS 224. This means that using the smart switch by app results into an error message “missing capability listener: onoff”. When I connect a hardware switch to S1, the relay does work correctly when switching by hand and you can hear the ‘click’ clearly. Strang enough there were not notifications in the switch history at all, when using the hardware switch S1.
I do not understand why this topic has been marked as solved by Simon_Petersen, since there is no solution to date. The question remains: why does the FGS 224 not work with the app?

Why not asking this to Athom? They are the maker of the App.

Sure! I just posted this message on the support forum of Athom. Will come back when there is news :slight_smile:

There is another forum??

I just want to share the status on this. I have given up adding my irrigation system to my domotica and bought an old school off-line irrigation computer.

Athom has closed the ticket I made for this. They indicate that all mentioned issues are to be solved by Fibaro. Fibaro has also closed their ticket I made for this issue. They indicate that FGS-224 is NOT replacing FGS-222 and that one difference between the two is that the latter is not suitable to use as dry contact (potential free) because the “IN” has to be connected to the “L” and therefor only can be 24VDC or 230VAC, 24VAC is not an option. The challenges I now have are: 1/ Retailers do not seem to stock the FGS-222 anymore as they do see the FGS-224 as its successor. Luckily my provider is supportive by taking the Fibaro modules back. 2/ I have not been able to identify any other device I can use as 24VAC dry contact. 3/ A request to Athom for developing an app for the Heltun Quinto (5 channel relay) has been rejected, Heltun has to do that. Heltun has not reacted to that request.

That’s a shame. Did you try the new beta app, which should improve the working of the Double Smart Module?

Edit: it’s not in beta anymore I see.

Maybe a solution. The Heatit Z-Din 616 supports 24vac.
https://media.heatit.com/771

No, there is no other forum. I should have written “support desk”

1 Like

Good news! There was an update of the Fibaro app today. I tried the double smart module again. Now the first switch works well, So No error notification but a clear switch click instead. The bad news is that the second switch still does not work and the error is still there when you try to activate the second switch.

Thanks, Martijn! I like the DIN rail and it is supported by Homey :grinning:.
/Simon

1 Like

Yes, I did. I had to because the double smart module was not in the standard FIbaro app at all.
/Simon

Ah I see. Well, the left switch is working now with the new app. The right one will be fixed by Athom, which they told me today. But I guess that won’t help you since you need 24vac. :slight_smile: Glad I could help with the Heatit solution!

Guess this is a typo, if this was a demand, they would have them connected internally.
Probably here was meant that “L” has to be used for the switch/inputs S1 - S2.

This should be FGS-224 ?

Hi Jan, the “L” was not a typo. That is what drives me crazy. Check the wiring diagrams in the manual. I would not be surprised if it actually does work when the communication issue is fixed. I just don’t want it as solution if Fibaro says it is not supported. The fgs-222 has similar diagrams, but that officially supports separate power on the IN terminal. It literally does not matter what kind of current it is, if only you don’t blow it. It just connects it to the outputs, as it should.

You are right about the fgs-224, thanks for noticing.