[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Yeah they send me the same BS response for pretty much anything I ask them… Like the tamper alarm or why the Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 isn’t fully supported yet. It is pretty annoying not to know what their plan is

Ok, Changing to Group1 : 1.1 does in fact fix the problem of the S2 not reporting power usage! It now correctly reports power usage.

However : the S1 no longer reports power useage.

I feel like Im missing something?

I just installed V2.1.23 beta.
The RGBW switch is dimming the White channel again as before. I’m happy!!:sunglasses::+1:

I missing the power page for S2 at all.
Nothing changed by changing group 1 to 1.1
And S1 is now not reporting power usage also.
Returnig the association of group 1 to 1 and S1 is reporting power again, S2 still nothing

The strange part is that earlier paired switches still showing power usage of both switches?

By switching to 1.1 - my S1 stopped reporting power, and stopped giving on/off feedback to homey. But the S2 started to report power and give on/off feedback.

Did you notice any change in which switch was reporting its on/off?

Power usage can take a minute to record changes I was only looking at current power useage I havent had time to look at the power meter.

Hi, I see that the new Fibaro Walli line is not on the list of devices supported by the Fibaro app. Does anyone know if they will work anyway, or if support is pending? I am especially interested in the Walli Dimmer, since it supports fluorescent lights.

They aren’t being sold yet so I guess it is a little hard to implement them when the full functionality isn’t known yet

No, I think you are right, they have only been announced, but nowhere for sale yet. So perhaps forthcoming, then!

I’m a little bit confused about what problems you / other people have. Without changing the association groups, does on/off reporting work for both S1 and S2 for you?

I switched to Homey Pro this weekend which meant re-pairing all devices under 2.0.2 obviously.
S2 reporting on all my double switches (3 I believe) are not working. I can turn them on/off fine in the app but if I do it manually on the wall-mounted switch it does not update on S2.
Is this the same behaviour you get?

Energy consumption isn’t working either on S2, but it’s not as important (but would be nice to have)

App-version: 2.1.19
Homey v: 2.0.2

That is the issue(s) @Camelen.

People complained of this issue during 1.5 but I never noticed the issue until 2.0.

Ok. I wasn’t sure if the on/off part worked for you now or not.

Anyway I did not have any trouble with this on 1.5, for me it’s new.

Make sure you create a ticket so Athom are aware that their most ‘popular app’ that they are advertising on facebook and social media as work seamlessly together doesn’t actually work correctly if you use the very popular dual swtich. :

These issues were first reported (that I’ve seen) back in January 2017, So other than leaving a message for Athom that all I can suggest is that you leave a review by clicking up on the ‘stars’ with in the app store. and hope one day it becomes high enough priority to get fixed and work as well as other controllers.

1 Like

I think this is more a Homey z-wave network issue, but i have a FGS213 added to a homey that I tried to remove. While Homey confirmed it was deleted, when looking at the developer z-wave page, it is not.
I can not control the device at all via the basic on/off or heal or even remove the device.
I have even tried to re add the module, and it will not re add as Homey states the module is already connected to Homey. But it does not re add the module as a device, nor does the z-wave tools allow basic on/off. heal or remove node work.
How do you delete a dead node that Homey refuses to remove?
ps i have reset the fgs213 manually also and rebooted Homey.

Did you already try to exclude the device. More -> Settings -> Z-Wave -> Remove a Z-Wave device. Then start the exclusion Modus on the device. And try an inclusion again.

1 Like

I did. Multiple times.
Funny thing, after adding another 20 devices to the Hub, i went back and tried the remove z-wave device again and it worked first time. :man_shrugging:

I also had an aeotec plug, that was working fine, then stopped. But it could still be sent basic on/off commands from developer tools. But totally unresponsive via device browser. I remove and re added it and its fine again. Strange behaviour…:crazy_face:

I haven’t had homey that long, only three weeks. My experience so far is, when including the Z-Wave devices you have to be very close to homey. I have always included the devices near the gateway to make sure that all interviews are complete. However, with homey I had to get closer than usual. When I started to move my equipment from homee to homey (70 devices), I walked with a cable drum through the whole house, from room to room, up and down floor, into the garden and the garage. Even I included the devices very close to homey, it happened that the inclusion process was not successful. Here I always excluded the device before I started another attempt to include the device again. The result is that even I have only 70 devices, I am already reach Node-ID 85

After all the equipment was included, I put homey on his place. Then I checked the route for each device (from inside to outside) (heal). First all the power-operated devices and then all the battery-powered devices (wake up each device separately)

Since then, I have a very stable Z-Wave network.

1 Like

That’s the best way to do this. I did this the similar way with less devices. As I only have secure devices (think that’s the reason) including worked without moving Homey to the devices though, went over the network…

I have my homey plugged into a USB power bank. Now if I need to move it, it’s easy enough to do. Also means the Homey is powered if I loose power briefly. Just in case someone decides to cut the power before breaking in or similar.

1 Like

Also I noticed that if you include a zwave device over secure inclusion it needs to be closer than standard inclusion.
I experienced that Fibaro devices will default secure and don’t need to be excluded/reset/removed first (if brand new) but all aeotec products do.
Homey also doesn’t seem to support NWI, not that it would matter it’s range is shit anyway.

I would like to set option 13 (follow switch position) for Fibaro switches. Is it possible to add it to app?