[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

And that soon can be mounts is not OK. Soon for me is a few weeks at most.

I am having issues with my smoke sensor 2 and co sensor from Fibaro.
After about a month (may be less) my sensors no longer send/trigger alarms. Eg. last change states 30 days for a smoke alarm, and when I press the test button Homey does not register it and does not trigger a flow. However: the temperature sensor sends itā€™s info just fine: I can readout the temperature and I see it has connected in the past few minutesā€¦

When I remove the smoke or co detector from Homey and add it again the alarms trigger the flows as intended for a while. But after some time within a month (this is how many times I test my detectors) it stops responding again. Once again: temperature readouts keep working just fineā€¦

I am using the beta version of Homey, and the latest version of the app. My Homey is the 2016 edition I think.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas how to resolve this?
Right now I cannot use any of the flows since the alarms simply cannot be trusted to work reliablyā€¦ :frowning_face:

It looks like you are not the only one. I was think about it I was doing something wrong. And asking athom already. So the best is I think to send a request to athom that they can check it with you?

I have sent a bug report via GitHub. It seems there are more sensors that do not work properly. Motion sensors that stay in a triggered state, but do report lux levels, etcā€¦

I advise everyone to file a bug report. The more reports, the quicker they will fix the issues!

1 Like

I think it depends of number of hops those sensors go through. My experience, no hops or one hop maximum, then the sensors always report motion correctly. Two or more hops then they get stuck either in continuous motion or no motion.
Since I have installed the external z-wave antenna I have max 1 hop on all Fibaro motion sensors and NEVER had any problem with them.
Indeed, good idea to report the bug since they should report motion correctly regardless the number of hops.

I can not confirm.
Most of my Fibaro MS communicate with more than 2 hops. And all reliably report the movement!

Then your mileage is different.

Hi All,

I have a problem with my kitchen lights. These spots (9X leds) are triggerd by a fibaro FGMS-001-PLUS motionsensor. The switch i use is a Fibaro FGD-212 dimmer in combination with a Pulsdrukschakelaar (pulsationswitch?). It works fine, dimming with the manual switch and also in combination witch the motionsensor. The only thing that sometimes occurs (not always)is that when the light is on and i am in the kitchen the light starts to burn brigther in steps. every few seconds a step of let says 5%.
What is doing this and how can i prevent it?

greetz Frans

Anyone? Am I the only one with this problem?

Hi to all. Is there any description of what FIBARO features (Iā€™m interesting in Dimmer, Switcher and Double Switcher) arenā€™t supported in Homey in compare with FIBARO gateway? Iā€™m looking for platform for automatization of my home and thinking about homey and fibaro

Welcome to the community.
And, ehm, i know itā€™s kinda hard to read 295 reactions above you in (3)4 minutes, but putting a little effort in it couldnā€™t harm donā€™t you think?
Did you read the welcome message that was showed when you signed up?

But in answer to your question: no, i donā€™t think such a list exists.

How can i stop and continue a moving roller shutter on a Roller Shutter 3 unit?

Is there anyone that an help me out with this issue?

1 Like

My guess is you connected it with 2 wires? It is far better if you use the 3-wire method if possible. There are some dips in the electricity network and the Fibaro dimmer has some issues with it.

To bad as itā€™s not possible to get the blue wire over there. So again a fibaro thatā€™s not working properly :thinking::thinking:

Do you maybe have a central box where you could connect the fibaro to?

Because there is a new wooden ceiling made there. So can reach it anymore. Did not place the blue wire because it was not necessary according fibaro

1 Like

No, thatā€™s nicely behind the new ceiling

It is in your flow probably. Or did you connect them directly module to module? I presume not. What happens is motionsensor triggers and send on signal to dimmer. So if you have it on pulse setting then it will send pulse. Moving result in keep on sending pulse so in a way same as holding pushbutton > dimming up. You need a flow this way that if light=on then do not send ā€˜onā€™ signal to dimmer. Like in : if detect movement > and light not on > switch on. If light is turned off and you see little light in the bulb the 2-wire is not working ok and you need a bypass. Be sure to check wattage levels as they are different for 2-wire with load

Since I have the latest homey update (experimental) I have removed the old flow. No more timers nessecary and indeed itā€™s changed. Not gone completely but itā€™s changed. So I am gone try what you suggested. Thanks :+1:

Just a headsup.
Got reply from athom that they are going to implement the missing idā€™s for binary sensor, walli etc. Walli is allready in beta app+beta homey firmware (yes need both installed) , rest is added next.